UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Help, Wasp Sting Remedies For Oomans Quick!

owl

Helly, your comments are noted. Normally with me a wasp sting does do a fair bit of swelling. So far it is par for the course. If it gets worse than I would expect from past experience, I will be away to A&E, fear not!

Im just overly cautious about them because I was warned that each sting could produce a worse reaction than the last one so to be aware. never did understand the medical explination but i heeded the warning and make sure i have my medic alert round my neck, my piriton and my epi pen close by, and i run like an olympic medalist when a wasp comes close :laugh:

Panic over. I am improving, and making a better recovery than from other stings in the past. With any luck I should be able to use the hand tomorrow. Neighbour phoned her kids to come and check on me, and they and their labrador turned up. He enjoyed some racing and mud-wrestling with Wispa. :rolleyes:

Thanks Fugees :flowers:

Edited by owl

Im just overly cautious about them because I was warned that each sting could produce a worse reaction than the last one so to be aware. never did understand the medical explination but i heeded the warning and make sure i have my medic alert round my neck, my piriton and my epi pen close by, and i run like an olympic medalist when a wasp comes close :laugh:

She does indeed.I was witness to Di doing an impression of a breakdancing morris dancer with an octopus down his pants in Egypt when a wasp entered the non-safety zone.Not that I laughed at all :huh:

I did have a wasp crawl up my trouser leg in a supermarket many years ago. Was got 3 times, would have been more if I hadn't taken the trousers off and caused a bit of a scene.

Always wear decent knickers. Even if you avoid being run over by a bus, a wasp may crawl up your trouser leg.

After sleeping off the Piriton, I have woken up and am feeling rather better. Hand is still v painful but swelling is going down. I will have the other half of the antihist (child's dose for me or I get totally clobbered by it) and hope to be even better by morning.

When we were in Africa Kyra was young enough to like dragging her hands through hedges. She did it one day and got stung by what looked like a hornet. There was a shop near and the lady there dragged Kyra in and sprayed her hand with something off the shelf.

Apparently perfume especially cheap stuff acts as a an instant aid.

I hope your hand is usefull again this morning Pheoebe.