UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Happy Ending (thank God)

Jasmine

I had a call from my vets Monday evening regarding a 8 year old Staffie the RSPCA had brought in. They'd had the dog since Feb and when examined he had a lot of phlegm on his chest and a very slight heart murmur. The vet said after the treatment for the phlegm etc he may not need medication for the murmur but he'd know more after the 2 week treatment.

They left him there to be PTS, :( they were at their wits end and tried a Staffie rescue who were full but said they'd help with vets fees. I was there last call, as I'd taken Zak in for microchipping for RDR and they knew Sham had come from Oldies they thought they could only ask if I knew anyone. I racked my brains while cooking tea as he only had overnight, then I remembered a lady I met through delivering and had kept in touch with sporadically and met a few times socially. I checked to see if I still had her number and I did. She's always rescued Staffies with a small local rescue. She got in touch with her friend from the rescue and after much phoning back and forth between me, her, the vets she took him on. My friend picked him up the following morning and said he was a beautiful lad, loved other dogs, cats, children the lot.

My friend paid the vet bill and they had a foster home lined up. The Rescue got in touch with the RSPCA to check where he'd come from etc etc etc. Anyway it's now Friday and he's already in a new home, a older couple who have a big property and are well off were looking for a older dog to add to the two they have and fell in love with him despite his health problems. Apparently he's the daftest, softest big lump you could ever meet.

I'm just so happy that there is a Happy Ending for once, I went the vets tonight with Rosie and Lindy and he said he just couldn't bring himself to put him to sleep without trying, what a great vet. Have a lovely life big boy and make sure you live it to the full. :wub: