UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Extreames We Go To For Our Animals!

JACKYSIAN

Its got me thinking the extreames we sometimes go to for our animals.

Yesterday I spent 20 minutes with Tesco's chemist discussing the best option for Tiz's allergies (luckily chemist is a dog lover!! :laugh: ), then spent the evening massaging aloe vera all over her, and putting cooling pads on her hot little belly! :rolleyes:

I also bought pretty much every single type of cat food because Cosmic Cat hasn't eaten properly for a couple of days and I was worried about her, not only spending a fortune but also ringing my mum to ask if she could bring some cooked chicken (I can feed my dogs raw meat but cannot tolerate meat being cooked in my house!! :laugh: ). So my mum specially cooked a chicken so she could bring some over! Also bought her some fromage frais because its the only thing I can use to encourage her to eat the medication she's on, won't touch the stuff myself but had to buy it for her!!!

I made Kane's (the horse) food, which I carefully add measured supplements and ensure a good variety of vegetables and fruits are included. Then drove back to the chemist as I'd forgotten he'd ran out of sun block for his nose...even though it wasn't that sunny I was concerned about leaving him 1 day without block on!!!

What extreames do you go to for your lot?

When Malcolm arrived, I promised him a car and a house in the countryside. Well the house in the countryside so far has never materialised - and I doubt it it ever will - but I did finally pass my driving test and bought a car! For Malcolm of course!

Holidays have since always been tailored to what Mal - and later Kiera - likes, although I have to admit that I do love walking in the countryside. I wouldn't dream of walking without Mal and Kiera though.

Later on Mal got (wrongly) diagnosed with arthritis, and his back legs seemed to get weaker. He sleeps in bed with me (as did Kiera for a while), and because I was worried that one day he would not be able to jump on the bed during the day, when I was at work, I spent a very decent sum on a new, low, double bed, doing up my spare room as a new bed room. Malcolm came in, politely sniffed the bed, turned on his heels and promptly went 'next door' and jumped on the old, high bed! :ohmy: :rolleyes: :laugh: I still have to live that one down.

Kiera meanwhile has decided that the new bed is not at all to her liking, and refuses to sleep in bed with us now, so seeing as Malcolm has no problems jumping on the old bed, I'm now toying with the idea of abandoning new nice bedroom, and move back into my old bedroom/storage space just so that we can all sleep in one bed again :rolleyes:

I also feed my guys freshly cooked food every night. Because of his illnesses, Malcolm is not allowed any sugar, including natural sugar such as sugar found in root vegetables and potatoes. Therefore do not ask me the last time I've cooked potatoes or a roast dinner, simply because Malcolm can't eat it, and I cannot be asked cooking 2 different meals.

Lately me n Kiera have been going to agility on Thursday nights. While I do enjoy the activity with her, it is way too late for my liking (we start at 8.45 at the earliest and I hardly ever leave before 10), and I absolutely hate the drive to it. It's a really busy motorway and people drive really agressively. I'm a reasonably assertive driver, but I'm finding the M60/M66 just a nightmare. As for the person who designed Simister Island - well let's say I'd like a few choice words with them and they would not be speaking again any time soon! :mad: Altogether I'm dreading it every week, which also always seems to e the day that I'm most tired, but it is Kiera's night out and our chance to do something together, so I take her every week, come hell or high water!

I do object to the conclusion that some people seem to have drawn that my dogs are spoilt :glare:

Making them a cooked dinner every evening when I get in from work.... then having a sarnie myself :rolleyes:

Making home baked treats for them and ensuring they only eat stuff with natural ingredients.

Making sure their food is well balanced and varied, so they don't eat the same fruit/veg/meat for more than a few days on the trot.

Installing two ceiling fans in the rear living room to keep them cool when it's hot and I'm at work.

Making them a cooked dinner every evening when I get in from work.... then having a sarnie myself :rolleyes:

I've done that! Making something really nice with a recipe that says "serves 4" and then coming to the conclusion that it might feed 4 people but only 2 dogs. Guess who had a gourmet peanut butter sarnie :rolleyes:

Making home baked treats for them and ensuring they only eat stuff with natural ingredients.

yup - takes bloody hours to make a decent batch as well, and they always seem to run out on a sunny day ....

Making sure their food is well balanced and varied, so they don't eat the same fruit/veg/meat for more than a few days on the trot.

ditto :flowers:

Installing two ceiling fans in the rear living room to keep them cool when it's hot and I'm at work.

Not quite, but Malcolm does have a fan. Kiera prefers being outside whatever the weather ....

I forgot one - buying this house because it was close to work and I would be able to get home at lunchtimes. If it weren't for the dogs I'd be living somewhere else :rolleyes:

Again ditto, that's why I'm still stuck on a skanky estate. No chance of moving anywhere fast :(

Out walking on the beach today in a torrential downpour just so we could have the beach to ourselves because of Kylas issues with kids.

Dismantling my bed and lying on mattress on floor so Kyla could go to bed with us after her cruciate operation, then hanging on the edge so I dont disturb them and their comfort.

Living on a quiet street with large garden and lawn to cut so that these lot can have fun and no hassle from kids.

Choosing the house we live in because it has a large garden, building this P1010128.jpg in the garden so the dogs could get in and out of the stream, fans in every room, home made organic dog biscuits ( honey and peanut butter this time) liver and garlic stock made into ice lollies, chicken stock made into ice lollies cause Spud doesn't like the liver ones :rolleyes: , lifted out of the car to minimize impact to their shoulders, varied additive free diet, whole legs of lamb when they are on offer, never going on holiday so dogs don't go into kennels, furniture arranged so they can look out the front window, car bought for size of boot for dogs, which they are never in now as Princess Daisy prefers the back seats......................spoilt ? not at all, they just have very specific demands :laugh: