UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Just Need To Ramble...

wendywoo1972

My heart is breaking for you :mecry: I really wish I could say something to make it all better but I can't :GroupHug: so please just know I am sending you all my love. I'm so very sorry this has happened.

It seems so shallow to borrow someone else's sentiment but Ange put it exactly as I wanted :mecry: :GroupHug:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Wendy, my heart breaks for you, it really does, your pain is so obvious. Frodo will never be gone from you, he will always live on in your heart, you might not have the physical Frodo with you anymore, but you will feel he is around, he will always be with you, little things you'll notice and he'll be there, one day you will be able to smile at the happy memories. :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: Oh Wendy - if there was a magic pill that would take the pain away - I would get it for you.

If there was a magic key to turn the clock back - you would have it.

Alas these thing are not possible if they were we would all have possession of them because we all know the pain you are feeling. The overwhelming emptiness in your tummy that is a phsyical pain.

All I can say is I am here if you need me.

Yes Frodo was so very young and you would think you had years still to come with him but it wasn't to be. Frodo is at the Bridge healed and happy - you are left to mourn him.

What happened to those 11/12 years that you expected? For Frodo to grow older as Lydia grew up, two devoted friends together. It is what any of us would have expected too Wendy. You feel robbed.

And then as I said earlier the guilt wil come - we humans have to punish ourselves, we cannot accept that some things are truly beyound our control and if something bad happens then we must have, in some way, caused it.

That's the greatest misconception of all time Wendy but you will do it to yourself, you will search your mind for something to blame yourself for and when you find nothing you will pull something out of the air and say to yourself 'If I had done this/that/the other my Frodo would still be here with us'.

He wouldn't Wendy because there was nothing more/better/faster that you could have done - nothing and in the weeks to come I want you to do as I asked you.

That handsome beloved boy is now running all over the place at the Bridge, no pain just joy and sadness that he cannot physiclly be with you all but he will be watching over you all Wendy and will visit.

Listen in the weeks to come, listen with your heart open. The door slightly ajar - no wind at all but suddenly the door opens wide - tis Frodo. The small sound behind you when there is no one there but you 'feel' - tis Frodo.

It's no consolation but it will give you solace knowing your boy is again in your home. Revel in those moments my friend.

My heart is aching as I write this because I can do nothng to take your pain away and that is what a friend should do.

Just know that I am thinking of you all and I am here if you need me.

I was given a lovely decorative candle a while ago. It's set with orange slices and cinnamon sticks and has green leaves entwined through it. If I was ever going to light it, I needed a special reason.

I've just lite it for Frodo :lily:

I've not lost any dogs but I have lost young cats and always the overwhelming feeling is one of being robbed. Robbed of the many years of happiness we should've had together. With that comes a lot of anger. They leave such a big hole. Taken very quickly and with no warning. The shock is huge and I wouldn't wish those feelings on anybody.

You and your family have my deepest sympathies :GroupHug: I've thought of you a lot today :GroupHug:

I was given a lovely decorative candle a while ago. It's set with orange slices and cinnamon sticks and has green leaves entwined through it. If I was ever going to light it, I needed a special reason.

I've just lite it for Frodo :lily:

Peachy what a lovely thing to do.

I know I'm not alone in having felt the same way you are now Wendy, I've even done the screaming, the effing and blinding at the universe for taking away a dog that should have had another ten years of happy bouncy life, sometimes life is a pile of c**p, unfair and hurts like hell, but I promise it will get better, very slowly, day by day, you will get over the shock and grief, it may not seem possible to believe just now, but it will happen, and then you can look back at the life Frodo had with you, take pleasure in his memory and be thankful for having known him. :GroupHug:

I'm sat here crying with you Wendy, and like everyone else, I wish I knew the magic words that would take away all your pain and sadness. Unfortunately I don't know them. What I do know is that every day of Frodo's life was one of immeasurable love and joy; he was one of those lucky dogs who was well and truly loved. It's not fair at all that he got taken away so young; you got robbed, plain and simple. May in time the happy memories prevail over the sadness you feel now. That might seem impossible right now, but honestly they will. I'll be thinking of you and your family, and of the lovely stories about him that you always shared with us. Take care :GroupHug: