UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Granny In 8 Months.

redditchlady

you could move to widnes and then you would be considered old to be a first time granny at 42 if that helps :unsure:

:laugh:

I'm sure ewvrything will be fine assuming she and her bf want to go ahead?

I have a travel cot in the loft if you want it for when Granny is on babysitting duty :wink: :flowers:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is something we dreaded dealing with after all the problems with Soph.

Although she is young, I think from things you have said that she has an older head on younger shoulders.

She will be fine, especially with the help of her mum. :GroupHug:

How does she and her b/f feel about it?

They seem pretty relaxed about it. I am thinking it hasn't sunk in yet. :rolleyes: Sleepless nights soon will bless them. :laugh:

:laugh:

I'm sure ewvrything will be fine assuming she and her bf want to go ahead?

I have a travel cot in the loft if you want it for when Granny is on babysitting duty :wink: :flowers:

Thanks "I think" Mel :flowers:

To be honest I am not over the moon, but I am pleased that Meelie is relaxed at telling me things. :wub:

I just find it really difficult to imagine Meelie as a Mum as in my eyes she is still my baby. :wub:

Kazz xx

I just find it really difficult to imagine Meelie as a Mum as in my eyes she is still my baby. :wub:

Kazz xx

I think all mums and dads feel like that about their kids. My dad still calls me his little girl, and I'm 42 :rolleyes:

Edited by safneo

Mine too :wub:

My Dad took it really well when Meelie called him. She asked me to, but I said sorry sweetie, you did the deed you break the news. :rolleyes:

I was surprised when Dad called me and said he wasn't overjoyed but what is done is done. I think he is mellowing as he is getting older. :wub:

Kazz xx

I can remember feeling devastated when my 17yr old Daughter became pregnant, the thing that brought me down to earth and put things in perspective was a friend who said "there are worse things she could have told you"

as for now i wouldnt be without Ellie, she brings so much joy i cant imagine her never being here, and my Daughter is doing well at 18 has a really good job, a new Car and copes admirably, i'm really proud of her

I was in the same position a year ago. My daughter told me she was pregnant. She was 18. At the time, I felt that the bottom of my world had dropped out. I was 38 :ohno02: She had a good job, had just passed her driving test, had moved in with her partner of 4 years, and life was just starting for her.

I couldn't deal with it at all. I tried to be supportive, but couldn't even say words that had anything to do with babies and pregnancy. I didn't tell anyone else for months. I was being very hypocritical as I had her when I was 19, but it was different (as it always is, when your a parent :rolleyes: )

Emma, was born on 30th December 2007. I really don't think I could adore anything more. We have her every weekend, and I will the week on, so I can see her. We are able to spoil her rotten. I love being a Granny :wub_anim:

Here is this special little girl.

2008_0507Image0201.jpg

Good luck, the feelings do subside, and I look forward to seeing a similar post from you in a year's time :wink:

I was 18 when I first got pregnant, my family were great, OH's family well, let me put it this way his mum, told me to get rid of it, I never got on with her after that. She said we were too young, and probably still thinks that even though we've been married for 33 years.

Your daughter needs you more than ever now, and I'm sure you will be there for her :) Been a grandma isn't all that bad, after all you can spoil them than hand them back :laugh: :laugh:

2008_0507Image0201.jpg

Good luck, the feelings do subside, and I look forward to seeing a similar post from you in a year's time :wink:

Awww :wub:

Thanks for all the nice posts, advice and experiences etc.

I have found myself going on freebie sites and getting samples ordered of nappies etc. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Oh well it will come in useful.

Kazz xx

2008_0507Image0201.jpg

It's about time you showed this wee one of :D .

Kazz my daughters fiances mum was 17 when she had him, she did marry his dad but it didn't work out. Craig is a lovely lad and one of the hardest workers I know, he is now 25 and is an Aeronautics something or other :wacko: ( he designs bits for planes ), he also works part time at the weekends in Curry's and he also goes to uni one day a week working towards getting a degree ( or something like that :rolleyes: ). I always think that sometimes it's the things you don't expect or plan for that turn out to be the best things ever :GroupHug: :GroupHug: .

Terri

You see them babies, they have this look and scared Mum, Dad or devastated Gran, Grandad - it all melts into nothing but love when they give you this look - it's the eyes...and the nose...and the rosebud mouth..and them tiny fingers and toeses... :wub: :wub:

Wishing Meelie an easy pregnancy and a healthy, happy baby :flowers: And a young gran with a motorbike - what more could a grandchild ask for? :flowers:

Edited by mooandboo

You see them babies, they have this look and scared Mum, Dad or devastated Gran, Grandad - it all melts into nothing but love when they give you this look - it's the eyes...and the nose...and the rosebud mouth..and them tiny fingers and toeses... :wub: :wub:

Wishing Meelie an easy pregnancy and a healthy, happy baby :flowers: And a young gran with a motorbike - what more could a grandchild ask for? :flowers:

Ahh yes, but the Suzuki 500 went back in September. However that doesn't mean to say I won't be having another. :laugh:

Meelie spoke to me last night and said her appointment went well with a "midwife" :ohmy: When I had Meelie mine was with a doctor for the first couple of months I think :unsure: It was a long time ago though.

Anyway she has come away with lots of good literature she says.

Plus Folic Acid and advice on healthy eating etc to benefit the baby. :wub: They have worked dates out and bless her she is smack on with her reckoning.

She is 8 weeks gone

Kazz xx

I had my eldest daughter at 18 (married at 17) and she presented me with my first grandchild when she was 20. I loved being a gran even if I did think that I was too young. I now have 6 grandchildren and adore them all. If Meelie is happy about the baby then be happy for/with her. x