UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Channel 4 Documentary Needs Your Help

Gwyn

Hello everyone,

I'm working for a television production company called Twenty Twenty Television in the UK and have recently started working on a documentary about pets with special needs for Channel 4's 'Cutting Edge' strand.

The documentary will look at both the disabled pets and the owners who care for them. It will explore the dilemmas faced by pet owners whose animals become disabled as well as looking at how pet and owner cope with the changing circumstances. We'd also like to cover related issues such as the science surrounding the disabilities, the latest medical and surgical techniques and support available.

We aim to provide a serious and well rounded look at pets with special needs and the surrounding issues and would like to cover a range of disabilities in different species.

I would be very interested in talking to anyone caring for a pet with special needs. I'd like to get the perspective and knowledge of someone actually caring for an animal, or who has cared for one in the past. Additionally I'd like to hear your opinions on disabled animals.

Please do get in touch if you have a story, opinion or quesion even if you wouldn't want to contribute further.

I will keep checking this forum or can be contacted by email: [email protected] or telephone: 020 7284 2020

I would be very grateful if you could pass on my information to anyone you know who may be interested.

Kind regards,

Gwyn

Tel: 020 7284 2020

Email: [email protected]

have emailed, posted here too just in case :)

Hi there,

I saw your post on The Refuge forum and wondered if we might be helpful? I share my house with two rescued border collies, one is deaf (born deaf and I adopted her knowing this), the other has a variety of reactivity issues and severe noise phobias.

We'd be happy to talk to you particularly with regard to deaf dogs who make wonderful companions, are often very easily trained, and definitely don't deserve to be put down as is so often advocated by some breeder groups.

Best wishes

Morag

Finn & Farah

Hello all,

thanks so much for your messages so far, I'm doing my best to reply to you all. Please do pass on my contact details to anyone you know you might be interested in talking to me, particularly if they have experience with disabled pets other than dogs (although please still contact me about your dogs too!).

Kind regards,

Gwyn

Edited by Gwyn

I spoke to this company and suggested they post here as I hoped Fugees could help. They seem genuine in their approach and want to highlight how people accomodate disability and how full the lives of these animals can be.