UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Another Attack

Jasmine

Just out with the girls chatting to a lady with a black lab. Saw the lab that attacked Sham several feet away with it's owner and a young toddler. Put Ruby on lead as he always blames Ruby for any attacks his dog does even though she's never near. He didn't put his dog on the lead though.

Chatting about Sham's attack and Rosie was behind me (she's not been well recently and is the softest daftest dog going) when next thing I heard her scream out. Turned round and the Lab was on top of her, I dropped Lindy's and Ruby's lead and ran over and it ran off. Well he would not accept any responsiblity at all and started saying I needed a mental home etc and then brought Ruby into the equation again (what the hell has it got to do with Ruby). He said his dog hadn't done anything wrong, he just will not see what's in front of his bloody face.

I checked Rosie over she was shaking like a leaf and terrified but no bites thank god. Just rang OH and now wish I hadn't as he says he's going round there tonight. He still didn't put his dog on lead, I've just rang the dog warden and he says it's a police matter. The woman has given me her address as a witness to the totally unprovoked attack and told the man it was out of order.

This dog has attacked other dogs but he will not put that dog on a lead. I thought the dog warden was responsible for this though. Don't know what to do now but one day that child will be in the middle of a dog fight and could get bitten. Not sure if to involve the police though as they only live round the corner and are elderly.

Just had to rant, I'm shaking like a leaf. :mad:

How awful, poor you and poor Rosie. :GroupHug:

I'm really surprised the Dog Warden wasn't prepared to get involved. A 'quiet word' with the owners might have done the trick and would be a much better solution than having to involve the police. Generally unless there are injuries the police don't want to know about dog fights.

Sorry, don't know what to advise but sending another :GroupHug:

I suspect the dog warden is considering 'dog out of control in a public place'. However, as already said, the police usually don't get involved in dog to dog incidents.

Saying that, my friend reported a dog attacking hers and the police made a call on the owner to 'advise' her.

It may be that there have been other reports and that they have ignored the dog warden, so he is passing it to the police.

You can tell the police you don't want to make a formal complaint ( if that is what you want) but they may still be willing to ' have a word'.

Correct Fee, spoke to the police and they said it was a matter for the dog warden. :wacko:

This is what's so irritating - everyone passes the buck. There's a chap near me who has had a Dog Control Order issued to him by the local council because his dog bites other dogs and he is to keep it on a lead. I believe it only counts on council land though, such as parks and open spaces, but it's better than nothing. Surely if the dog warden is employed by the council, it's his job?? If the man is abusive towards you then the police should get involved.

Hope Rosie and you are okay :flowers:

Oh my goodness :mad: What is wrong with people!!

You poor things :GroupHug:

I know our police do this sort of thing now as funding has changed,but they usually pass it back onto the DW to issue a lead and muzzle order.....

Remember under the Dangerous Dogs Act a dog has to only be percieved as a threat to have an order slapped on it. I would go down that route rather than OH going round, at the moment you have done nothing wrong, you don't want to get in a pickle with the owner whereby they state your OH was threatening in any way (not suggesting he would be but you know what I mean!!)

Even if it is someone you know you have a right to be safe as do your dogs. I hate the way people think their dogs can do what they like...this is also not fair on his dog as he is letting his dog get into all sorts of trouble.

Anyway good luck in whatever you decide to do. :wink:

Please force the police to take action - even if they insist it is down to the dog warden they should give you a complaint reference. Blow a small child getting hurt - your dog was!!! And from the sound of it Sham was as well. You have a witness, and it is time someone took notice of those of us who are in control of our dogs!!

The people may well just live round the corner and be elderly, but to them you also just live round the corner and are a victim who won't do anything because of that!

Hope Rosie is ok (and you of course).

G

Edited by buddyboy

It sounds as though this person is trying to shift blame because he doesn't want to take on board that it's his dog that is the problem. Doesn't want to face up to the problem himself. Wonder what the dog walks like onlead. Maybe it's easier for him to let it off because it pulls on lead. Either way it's up to him to train the dog and keep it away from others. Sorry this has happened to your doglets. :GroupHug:

I rang the warden back and got told nobody was in the office and they'd call me back. Waited, waited and waited. Rang them again on Tuesday and got told again that it was a police matter. I gave her the log No: the police had given me and she took a report and said somebody would call me back. Still not heard anything.

Just had another altercation with this man, funnily enough whilst chatting to a lady and her dog (same as the other day). The lady from Monday has been round to see how Rosie is and said she'll say what she saw. He had his dog on lead today and it still tried to have a go, he also had the toddler with him and his terrier. I didn't shout, just asked him to go away with his dog, he said it had only "bumped" into Rosie on Monday. Being on top of her is bumping her is it.

After not getting anywhere he resorted to personal insults saying I was so ugly he doesn't know how I can look at myself in a mirror. I just laughed as this coming from George Clooney (not). It shows he's lost the argument and plot when he resorts to personal insults. Then surprise surprise brought Ruby back into the equation again, poor Rubes, she just stands there and I have never seen her show any sign of aggression to his dog. OH says they had a spat several years ago and that was it, the fact is Ruby will defend herself and that's what he doesn't like.

Just had to rant again. :mad:

If he had a go at you and was personally insulting, in front of a witness, then

you should go to the police again and report him for intimidating and threatening behavoir

that way the police will have to get involved, then go round and have a chat with him, if you cant

get anything sorted one way (dog warden), get it another instead.

:GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Poor you.

Could you draft a letter to both the police and kennel club explaining the at as neither will commit to dealing with this perhaps they would like to liase with each other and get back to you as to who is responsible..

This dog and preferably the owner need dealing with.

Just rang the police and told them what happened. When I thought about it he's done it on purpose.

He's never come that close to us with his dog (it's always run over and attacked before) but he saw us, put his dog on lead and came right up to us. His dog lunged at us which is what he wanted, I realise now that he was trying to provoke a reaction from Ruby. When this wasn't forthcoming he got verbal saying I needed the nut house and other things.

The policeman has just said that it's got past the dog warden now and would I be home this afternoon. I told him I asked the man to go away and leave us alone and after his insults to me I did call him a "Moron". I'm shaking like a leaf but I'm sick of feeling intimidated and in the wrong when we've done nothing.

Rosie has Masticatory Muscle Myositis and even if she had wanted to defend herself (which she wouldn't) she couldn't of done. I'm all a dither now, no good at things like this, I hate trouble and confrontation. :wacko: