UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

He's My Hero - Simply The Best

Kathyw

I was sitting here with the laptop while the Dell technician was re-installing vista.

Ray was in bed and CB was outside the bedrrom doot guarding Ray.

CB came downstairs and sat on his sofa and dozed off.

Suddenly I saw movement and there was a spider crawling across the floor. I froze, couldn't speak, could scream out for Ray. Laptop was about to be thrown in the air.

I started to shake and felt the hysteria bubbling up inside me. Elsa opened her eyes, looked at me and went back to sleep.

Himself was dead to the world.

CB looked at me, looked at the spider, looked back at me, got off the sofa and went to the spider and then went outside to the garden. The spider was nowhere in sight.

CB does try to catch and eat flies when he thinks we won't see and stop him. I thought he had eaten it.

I got up on shaky legs and went to the back door and up the three deep steps on the top of the garden I saw the spider on the garden path scuttling away. CB was looking at me and wagging his tail.

I gave him the biggest hug ever and then my legs gave way and I sank to the floor shaking all over. CB licked me and then went back upstairs.

No man alive will ever be a hero to me because I have the best one of all.

He knew I was terrified and helped his Mum.

Elsa and Himself slumbered on.....................................

I dont think I will ever get over this event - wonderful, wonderful CB.

btw Dell are now collecting the laptop as the re-install didn't work, so it's off to the lappy docs to be made better.

awww how sweet of him to help his mum out. Its a good job spiders dont bother me because all 4 of mine, 2 greyhounds who chase and 2 dead ard rotties, will walk round a spider like its radioactive and look to me to do something about it :laugh:

Can I hire him please?

erm sorry no.

My fear of spiders borders on paranoia (sic) My home has been sprayed with stuff that keeps them out for nine months. have six cans of that. I also spray round the windows weekly.

I have one of those tall fans in the bedroom and it is on every single night, winter summer the whole year round.

It is angled so the air goes just over my head so that if they get through all my protection and dare to try and come down from the ceiling, the blasts from the fan will stop them.

I also keep a dyson in the bedroom just in case.

My fear is irrational but overwhelming and that is why CB is my hero.

Awww Kathy, what a wonderful story. CB truly is a hero!! :wub: :wub: Would you have any pictures of your miracle boy by any chance?

Fortunately I'm not at all bothered by spiders - we get huuuge ones in autumn and a smaller sized one has now taken up residence underneath the draining board, in a little hole so I can't get to him. I'm trying to discourage him from staying by cleaning his web up whenever it's there but he doesn't seem to get the message. It's only about 2 ft above Kiera's bowl, but is she bothered by a spider looking down on her dinner? Is she heck! :laugh:

I have for many years made sure than I am never alone in the house with a man who is not a close friend of myself or Ray but one morning a spider was on the wall and there was no one to help so I went into the street and saw a man I only knew in passing and almost dragged him in to deal with the spider. He was a bit wary of them so I told him it was tiny and then when he went into the room, I gave him the little box, showed him the spider and shut the door on him.

I cannot get over how CB knew. Looking at me, then at the spider, back at me and then dealing with it. did he see my fear, sense it? And he didn't eat it or hurt it as it was able to scuttle away - amazing bloody amazing.

I don't know but I am soooooooooooo grateful whatever it was.

I have for many years made sure than I am never alone in the house with a man who is not a close friend of myself or Ray but one morning a spider was on the wall and there was no one to help so I went into the street and saw a man I only knew in passing and almost dragged him in to deal with the spider. He was a bit wary of them so I told him it was tiny and then when he went into the room, I gave him the little box, showed him the spider and shut the door on him.

I cannot get over how CB knew. Looking at me, then at the spider, back at me and then dealing with it. did he see my fear, sense it? And he didn't eat it or hurt it as it was able to scuttle away - amazing bloody amazing.

I don't know but I am soooooooooooo grateful whatever it was.