UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feeling Very Down

agilitymad

you sound so sad (((())))))) a big hug. Do you feel this is depression, has it gone on for some time or is it just a bad day. If its depression do get some help, sometimes though chronic pain can get you down to rock bottom and it sounds like you deal daily with some amount of pain.

I always find a walk somewhere beautiful lifts my spirits and the little furry faces we have think we are better than God, so you are never a failure.

Some good advice given on here, but just be gentle and caring with yourself and ask your angels for help, they never let you down :rolleyes:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have some of lifes big stresses happening to you all at once.

Illness, with the bad back. Loss of Job, unemployment. Difficult relationships.

They are going to knock you hard. If they didnt, you wouldnt be human.

As others have suggested, going to see the doctor may be a good idea.

But by saying you have problems, and need help is a huge step in getting to a better place.

It rarely happens overnight, but hold onto the fact.

You will feel better.

Look after yourself.

:GroupHug:

Sorry to hear you are feeling down. Its sometimes hard when you have alot of things that are getting you down all in one go to be able to deal with them, and hopefully people on here will come up with some great ideas for you - or even just be someone to listen and advise - bottling it up or being unable to talk about it is not always a good thing - a problem shared etc....

I bet you have done things with your life.... they don't have to be the same as what other people have done so don't judge yourself by them.... for example most of my friends and colleagues my age have their own houses whilst I still rent a tip of a ramshackle house. But I did different things to them - they value homes and things and I value people and my dogs.

I can't get back to see when you posted your original post but I hope you are not feeling quite so bad.. remember this is the first step towards the rest of your new life,sorting things out the way you want them be.

When I first moved up here, I didn't really have my own friends and enrolled on a computer course (for work really) and met some lovely people through that who I now count as my close friends - or maybe doggie volunteering would help meet some like minded people?

:GroupHug: for you

I have suffered with depression on and off now for about 5 years, and I have been to my GP and have been on medication which I am currently weaning myself off slowly. I also went for counselling which helped immensely. So helpful having a counsellor talk with me about how I was feeling etc and also they put it all into perspective for me.

Its so true that when you are depressed, everything in your life seems so awful and you feel so rubbish about yourself, that you fail to remember you have been successfully in your life ..... and the fact you are helping the Oldies Club is a great example :)

As others have said, write down all the positive and negative things in your life .... this is something my counsellor advised me to do.

Depression is horrible. I have had the endless days and nights of tears, at times got so bad I thought I would have to give up my children so they could live with their Dad as I felt I was such a crap Mum. I used to drink and I stopped eating, cut myself off from my friends and family. I really hit rock bottom.

But now, thankfully after help I have come through the other side, and feel a much better and happier person.

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: Natalie x

Thank you everybody for all your kind words :flowers: I have been feeling like this for along time but today it all came to a head i think :(

I have a lovely 11yr old son who i'm very proud off :wub: but I'm going to be 30 next month and have not alot to show for it :mecry:

in the past i have worked for BT as a customer service advisor a catering assistant in a school a cleaner for somerfields and my last job for for B&Q all i have loved doing but something always gets in my way :( I have been to college also and have some qualifcations in bookkeeping but that was about 10yrs ago when my son was smaller. I would love to work full time but at the moment its just not possible so part time would be great.

I do have a hobby it called Flyball but find it hard to be with people when i feel like this :( My dogs are my Angels and couldn't do things without them.

Lucky my soul dog has sta beside me most of the day he know when i feel like this and wont leave my side :wub:

thank you all again :flowers:

i will talk more tomorrow as i have a really bad head at the moment :ohmy:

Take care :GroupHug: you've made a massive step today by publicly admitting how you are feeling and that means you acknowledge that things aren't right and need changing. Keep talking, and please get some professional help (cos some of the so called experts on here are well dodgy :laugh: ). Lots of us have been through similar experiences and if you keep going you will probably feel really raw and emotional while you get things sorted in your head, but you can come out the other end a stronger and happier person :GroupHug: :flowers:

you've made a massive step today by publicly admitting how you are feeling and that means you acknowledge that things aren't right and need changing.
Lots of us have been through similar experiences and if you keep going you will probably feel really raw and emotional while you get things sorted in your head, but you can come out the other end a stronger and happier person :GroupHug: :flowers:

Listen to the poultry curry woman, for she is very wise.

Talking about it is a huge step towards recovery - been there, done that. Keep talking, accept help where it's offered and PLEASE don't hide away. Despite all the things you see as negative, you have a lot going for you - concentrate and build on the good stuff, tackle the bad stuff a bit at a time.

Baby steps is the way to go - you took quite a few today :flowers:

Thank you everybody for all your kind words :flowers: I have been feeling like this for along time but today it all came to a head i think :(

I have a lovely 11yr old son who i'm very proud off :wub: but I'm going to be 30 next month and have not alot to show for it :mecry:

in the past i have worked for BT as a customer service advisor a catering assistant in a school a cleaner for somerfields and my last job for for B&Q all i have loved doing but something always gets in my way :( I have been to college also and have some qualifcations in bookkeeping but that was about 10yrs ago when my son was smaller. I would love to work full time but at the moment its just not possible so part time would be great.

I do have a hobby it called Flyball but find it hard to be with people when i feel like this :( My dogs are my Angels and couldn't do things without them.

Lucky my soul dog has sta beside me most of the day he know when i feel like this and wont leave my side :wub:

thank you all again :flowers:

i will talk more tomorrow as i have a really bad head at the moment :ohmy:

You have a hobby, and wonderful son and gorgeous furry family that love you :wub: the next step is loving yourself hun!

I'm sure that as others have said, volunteering, even a few hours a week will help to improve your self-image and confidence. I know it is scary getting back out into the world when you have been out of work for a while. Especially when as a parent of young children. Volunteering would be brilliant for getting back to dealing with the world of work and the unknown in terms of work. :flowers:

Ping me anytime you catch me on msn. Always willing for a chat. :biggrin: The dogs only whinge and OH grumbles at me! :laugh:

Hoping that today is better for you and that you have realized how much you really do contribute to this world of ours.

Don't minimize what you have given of yourself - it is the biggest gift of all.

Minimize the problems as much as you can.

Thing will get better from now on and the next chapter of your life will be starting soon and I have a feeling it will be wonderful.