UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

All Help Refuge's, Can You Help This Time

yena

Seems telling them doesn't work so no point there.

I would large print the fact that I do not like chicken pie or fish pie and I tell them once again how you feel and then say 'I know you probably forget and want to to have a nice hot meal so I am going to put this on the fridge/cupboard/whatever so that it will remind you and you can get me something different for tuesday night.

You might have to do a different notice every now and then or you will get the 'different' forever.

They probably are forgetting and tis easy to remember something you have done for years rather than remember something new but a large printed hint on the fridge should help no end and no hurt feelings.

I was thrown out of cookery at school and had only learnt how to make shepherds pie so when our parents went away for two weeks my brother had shepards pie every night for two weeks, sometimes with beans (tinned) and sometimes with peas (tinned). :biggrin:

Thanks Kathyw, I think that's the way to go.

Thanks everybody for the replies, going to have a go again next week and write on the blackboard what I want the week after. Watch this space to see if it works :biggrin:

Should of added, they only have a microwave, they haven't had a cooker for years. They also have one of them stupid Tefal kettles that you press a button at the top and boiled water goes up the handle and fills your cup.

Should of added, they only have a microwave, they haven't had a cooker for years. They also have one of them stupid Tefal kettles that you press a button at the top and boiled water goes up the handle and fills your cup.

Can't you take a ping meal of your own and tell them that you apprecate the chicken dinner but you really fancy a change & take the chicken dinner home *for the dogs* They do sound lovely :flowers:

I don't think they'd know what salad is, Mum's not the greatest of cooks, and Dad, well he's nutty, he brushed his teeth with washing up liquid once and blow bubbles for days after. Mum's nutty too, but she takes tablets for that

i know i should laugh but............................. :laugh: i so wish my folks were nutty.

Could you suggest that you will bring the food and bring 3, non chicken ready meals :)

Maybe I'm coming at it from a different view. there will be a reason why you constantly have the same meal.

Do you think they struggle with change? that was my first thought. you know, 'tuesday is yena, and her chicken meal' day.

Have you asked outright why you have the same meal everytime?

I think they think I like it, even though I've told them I don't. I so don't want to hurt their feelings. I'm the only one that goes to visit them, my brother he's a waste of space, but at least he's there if I/or them need him. My sister, well she won't have anything to do with them, she says they are childish, so doesn't go to see them.

My Dads even offered to bring chicken dinner for xmas lunch, think I'd have to put my foot down to that one. OH would never talk to me again, never mind the lads.

Dolly - you could be right with the change thing. But, even if I go a different day I still get a chicken dinner :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yena, I think you must have my parents by mistake :laugh: I bet your mum hasen't offered you a cold malted drink with blackcurrent jam added, or ask's you every 20 mins if you want some ice-cream :rolleyes: , perhaps you could phone them before you leave from work and suggest you bring in a take-away, if your parents are anything like mine anything written on a blackboard would just get wiped off and you'll still get the chicken dinner, you could try telling them you've become a vegetarian.

Pizza is easy to cook. When you next go, why not take a frozen pizza and put it in for next time and leave them a note to remind them.

That's a good idea - take a microwave meal you do like and leave it in their freezer with a note on it and then phone them the day you are due to go and remind them about the meal. If that works, do it each week :biggrin:

I can understand when it's been going on for so long you don't want to hurt their feelings :flowers: