UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Archie Is 5 Today

Yantan

Well The Archibald has made it to his fifth birthday. I am quite surprised as the journey here hasn’t been easy. He was such a norty pup who came from planet Evil. So bad in fact that I have sworn NEVER to have a puppy again. You can see how evil he was from this photo:

1-18.jpg

We really ought to have called him Conan the destroyer; his list of destruction is legendary. He ate the dining room carpet and underlay, 2 pairs of Brasher boots, my specs, numerous books, slippers, photos, a coffee table, all of George’s toys that he had had since he was a puppy and he luffed so much, 2 camera leads, 3 remote controls, cushions, duvets – oh the list is endless.

So many times my housemate Ruby threatened to take him back to the rescue we got himfrom (strictly speaking he is her dog) but we weathered the destructive phase and we both luffs him so much.

Ruby took him to training and he thrived on it. When he was doing his KC Good Citizen stuff the trainer always borrowed him to show the rest of the class how it should be done. Ruby started getting embarrassed as he came home so many times with a packet of treats for being the best dog in the class.

He isn’t without problems though as he won’t entertain other dogs coming into his house which means I can’t get a 3rd dog or foster. He can get arsey around dogs he doesn’t know so well when we go for a walk, as he likes to carry a stick in his gob. If they go near him he shows his teef and grrrrrrrrrs as some fellow Fugees can attest.

He does however love people and children and anyone coming to the house get’s “Archied†:laugh:

I’ve never known a dog have a sweet tooth until Archie came along. The only time he has stolen food was when he helped himself to trifle. His very favourite thing to eat is a blueberry muffin and he’s getting one tonight for after his birthday steak.

Here he is with a blueberry muffin from a previous birthday

DSCF0097-1.jpg

Happy birthday little man, we wouldn’t be without you

archielookingkeen.jpg

This photo was taken either by Steph Kittycat or Boysie and Smudge's dad, Chris. I hope you don't mind me showing it off :flowers:

Edited by Yantan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic