UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Goodbye And A Thank You

dirtychicken

I've posted over in the Doggie Chat section and I know that a lot of you have read our sad news and posted, but I wanted to post here too, as without the wonderful Oldies Club I would never have spent the last 2 and a half years in the company of the most handsome collie :wub:

I have no doubt that our meeting was always "meant to be" and I can only thank the OC for their part in our relationship. Huge and special thanks to Cindy for the pro-active role she has always played - listening to my ravings right at the beginning, bringing my boy home to me, being on the end of the phone if I've ever needed someone to listen, making sure my boy had his fair share of treats on walks, soothing my fears over the last 6 months and being there for me yesterday when I needed so much to cry to somebody who understood. Thank you for being such a fantastic friend, Cind :liebe94:

Bear had fought a steady decline in health for the last 6 months. The last 3 months saw a drastic change for the worse. The last 2 weeks made me realise that our time was running very short. And yet still I wasn't prepared to lose him yesterday :mecry: :mecry:

My handsome boy taught Bailey not to worry quite so much and taught Flora that she didn't need to be quite so excited about everything. He taught fosters to share. He taught me and my children that there really is such a thing as unconditional love. He asked for nothing and gave everything.

My big, brave, beautiful Bear is now running on the beaches at the Bridge chasing seagulls and we miss him bitterly, but would not have passed up the last few years for anything. Thank you all so much :wub: :mecry: :wub:

DSCF4163.jpg

DSCF4907.jpg

OMG.jpg

Sarah, it is always hard to lose a special friend. Bear was obviously a very special dog who will always share a place in your heart if not at your fireside. He has been greeted warmly at the Bridge by many extremely special dogs who went before him to seek out the best sniffs and places to play.

Run fee Bear

Anne (Stitch & Merrie who were there to greet him at the Bridge)

:mecry: :GroupHug: Sarah, words can't describe how sorry I am that Bear has started his last journey but I know he will be greeted by Tango who will quickly show him the best places to chase seagulls :rolleyes:

The day I collected Bear all I could see was a smiling old Collie with a particular bad hair day and I knew that you all belonged together. :wub:

Bear has made a huge impact on so many lives and I am for ever greatful that he and you found each other as I know the last 2.5 years where the best years he had in his life.

Cindy

Sarah I just can't say anything that will offer you comfort right now, my thoughts are with you and your family, please know that bear loved you as much as you loved him, he'll remember you with love and kindness and will be counting down the days til he see's you again as you are him.

Huge hugs, may the pain lessen quickly. :GroupHug: