UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Most Embarrassing Moment With Dogs, In Public!

NR Boxer Rescue

The most embarrasing moment with Boo, was less embarrasing for me and more so for the third party involved :unsure: .

We were heading back to the carpark in a park and Boo was off lead. A man in a suit was sitting in his car on the phone with his door open. Now Boo being as diddy as he is, was able to walk under the open door from the front of the car, so the bloke hadn't seen him coming. The man, who was on a business call, got such a shock he let out a blood curdling scream. I've never heard a man scream like that before :laugh:. So, I'm apologising to him whilst he's apologising to his business contact. Needless to say, the man was less than impressed. Whereas I giggled about it for hours after :laugh: Just imagine being on the other end of that phone :laugh:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most embarrassing would have to be the time that Patch piddled on someone who was quietly sitting on the beach. He was normally such a good boy... She was *not* happy, I had to pay for her coat.

Mollydog and Az are not normally very embarrassing, but there was the time that Mollydog found a dead squirrel that had just been hit by a car, and insisted on taking it home with her. We met soooo many people that day, and every one of them assumed she'd killed it herself...

Not in the same league really, but Az is quite an enthusiastic bumsniffer, and more than once has inserted his nose rather intimately in a manner that causes the insertee to leap amusingly in the air.

Louie is relatively good. He will occassionally pee in excitement. Most embarassing when he went on the Oldies Club walk down Dawlish and decided Cindy's Ruby was his bestest buddy in the whole wild world. :blush02: I had to put him on a long lead in the end as he just kept going back to pester her. Hes hadnt done it before and he hasnt done it since.

Oh blimey loads :rolleyes: The most public humiliation was at the Wag & Bone Show at Windsor. Our four had just won the heat of "Best Doggie Family" then all had a big fight in the ring :wacko:

That's just made me spit my tea on my computer :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

These are absolutely brilliant!!! :laugh: :laugh:

My worst experience is of course caused by Sidney! My old house was on the corner of the farm we owned and the front door faced the lane. Anyway one of my friends was riding passed with our new neighbour, and called out to say hello...I was still in pj's cos I'd been working nights but I went outside to chat!! Next thing Sidney boinged upto me and jumped up...getting his claws caught in my pyjama bottoms and yes...exposing me to the world!!!!! :mecry: :blush02: :blush02: I thought my friend was going to fall off her horse! :laugh:

These are absolutely brilliant!!! :laugh: :laugh:

My worst experience is of course caused by Sidney! My old house was on the corner of the farm we owned and the front door faced the lane. Anyway one of my friends was riding passed with our new neighbour, and called out to say hello...I was still in pj's cos I'd been working nights but I went outside to chat!! Next thing Sidney boinged upto me and jumped up...getting his claws caught in my pyjama bottoms and yes...exposing me to the world!!!!! :mecry: :blush02: :blush02: I thought my friend was going to fall off her horse! :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: Brilliant! That happened to me at the park - Rudi jumped at me, got his paw stuck in my jogging trouser pocket and pulled them down - luckily I did have pants on :wacko: :wacko: I didn't look round to see if anyone noticed and just walked off - fast.

Reminds me of another time - not strictly dog-induced embarrassment but I'd just finished walking the dogs, had a zip up top on and had got hot, so as I walked towards the car, I started to unzip the top - saw a chap walking towards me look rather astonished and realised I'd not got the usual t-shirt on underneath, just a bra - oh the shame :blush02:

Great thread... :laugh:

My dad`s embarssing story really rather than mine ............

The scene : a sunny summer holiday in the Yorkshire Dales, walking through a lovely

village - all is quaint, serene and perfect

The characters: a Lancashire family and their DOG

: a local publican and a pub garden full of customers

The plot: Publican is just finishing off whitewashing the large stone planters at the

front of his busy pub. He places the brush down and admires his work....

Enter Gyp, who sniffs the brush briefly and then promptly cocks his leg up

newly painted planter. :ohno02:

Planter is now YELLOW and Lancashire family is now RED. :blush02:

Family foregoes the idea of a cool drink,aplologise and scurry off rather

quickly to find a big hole to swallow them up :whistle:

I was asked to take some animals to Bristol for a charity shop opening.

The shop was chock full of dignitaries and the press.

I not liking crowds, went outside with the dogs and then a dig came out and took Casper the Greyhound back in for a chat with the press. I could see him through the window as the dig held him whilst happily chatting away about thier political good deeds. Casper has always voted Tory so wasnt interested and turned his attention to the buffet behind him. I watched as a whole peach gataux slid down his throat follwed by lunch for 15 people.

We were never asked back.

Not so very lng ago my naughty little EBT Cassie goes for a wander round the village as a result of a visitor leaving the gate open and me not knowing :rolleyes:

A frantic search ensues. An hour later we get a call from the local garage and she has made it down there. "She's fine and quite happy" says the owner. I pick her up and all is well.

So that should be the end of the story BUT a month later I take my van into the garage for it's MOT. I go in to pay and the new wife of the garage owner is there. "Oh" she says, "You're the lady with the white dog that came visiting aren't you?.". "Yes I am" I say and then thank them both again for keeping Cassie safe for me. "No problem" she says, "she can't have wanted much to eat that night?". Quizzically I ask "Err what do you mean?". Now laughing she says "Did Rob (garage owner) not tell you?". "Err no" I reply (now I am worried). Still laughing she says "Well she ate half our wedding cake that night whilst she was shut in the kitchen waiting for you." "Don't worry though, we're not planning on having any children so we didn't need the top tier to stash away for a christening anyway."

OMFG, I nearly died of shame. I tell you I really nearly did!

One embarassing moment that springs to mind was when I was walking Gdog down by the river. It was a nice day and a family were out for a walk, parents, kids and a toddler in a pushchair. Gdog went up to say hello, got lots of fuss. And then pee'd on the pushchair :ohmy: :laugh: :wub:

Not to mention the homecheck where one of yours bumscooted the full length of the lounge in front of everyone :laugh:

There are sooo many, let me think

Ben, my collie x pizzled in a male friend's cowboy boot whilst it was still attached to his foot

Ben again, stopped at a cashpoint (ex was driving a blue sierra) Ben followed me out but another blue sierra had pulled up behind ex and Ben jumped in through the open door and then wouldn't get out.

Ben again, eating a sloppy turd out of the toilet and then insisting on giving Dad licky kisses when he'd got it plastered around his face and neck

Butch, cocking his leg up on Dad whilst he was sunbathing on the sun lounger and sh*gging any visitors unfortunate to wear black socks in our house

Tess (my bridge baby) lurcher

We used to go the the pub every Wednesday. This Wednesday in question, I'd had a large payout and the drinks were on me. There were about five of us all sat around a round table. We were busy getting plastered, I'd just got the round in, Tess was under the table asleep.

I'd just put the beers down but I had to manouevre around the table to sit down.

Unfortunately, my unfeasibly large breasts didn't make it around the table in my paralytic state and knocked about 4 pints, scattering them like nine pins :blush02:

The beer cascaded over the table, covering poor Tess, who took off for the safety of the opposite end of the room.

After standing dejected next to a middle aged couple, she decided the best way to get rid of the booze was to shake it all over them :ohmy:

I didn't go back for months :blush02: