UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Does Your Dog Get Mistaken For Another Breed?

one.eyed.dog

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand people thinking she's a wasted away version of a Spinone :laugh: Maybe they think she's a youngun.

Our Viz are quite often mistaken for Rhodesian Ridgebacks despite not having the ridge down their backs. A child was heard to say look at that pony when I was out with Issie once.

Our Viz are quite often mistaken for Rhodesian Ridgebacks despite not having the ridge down their backs.

some RR's don't have a ridge though... I met one like that once.

Mine get mistaken for "sled dogs" a lot. Wolves by some children, and most people who don't think they are neither of the forementioned, think they are all gsd's.

The best was the time that I was asked by a lady, who I'm guessing came from Somalia (she had wonderfully elegant neck that Somali women tend to have) if they were dogs because they looked like wild animals she had seen in Africa. Yes we'll be walking wild animals on leads through SW London then! :laugh:

I get asked if she is a lurcher.

I frequently get asked if Sol is "a purebred lurcher" :wacko:

Worse still, I frequently get told (by experts, mark you: "I should know, I used to breed them") that he's a greyhound :wacko: :wacko: There's no reasoning with these types either. No matter what I say, the conversation always ends with something along the lines of being able to tell that he must be fast out of the traps and that they'll be betting on him next time.

060726_img_38961.jpg

I once got asked by a Old man "Whats your Greyhound crossed with" :unsure:
And I thought I had it rough in terms of mistaken dog identity - pass the Tena Lady! :biglaugh: