UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Tekno Needs Lots Of Healing Thoughs Please

Mrs Mop

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you live? Maybe someone on here can support you. Pleased he's home. Just slowly and gently with the catheter. I'm sure you'll be fine. It's amazing what you can cope with and do for them when you need to. Will continue to think of your special little man. You will find this really tiring. Can your oh take a turn with him so you can share this out between you? Hope he gets some more movement back quickly and you do get more of your little man back in time. :GroupHug:

Safneo thanks for the info. I am sorry Emma but I thought I would be closer to you. Fraid I am not near enough to help with the catheter - I hope it went well last night. I find the first time you do something is the worst and it gets better after that. I had to give my dog a course of injections and I hated doing the first by the end of the course I was feeling quite blase about the whole thing.

I hope Tekno continues to make slow but steady progress.

Love

Anne :hug:

Sorry everyone, had mum up to help with the nursing and she says I am rude to go on the internet and leave her watching the telly!

The first night catherterising was horrid, he got snappy I got stressed... but mastered it in the morning and with the aid of kibble he didn't give a monkeys what I was doing down there!!

He tries to snap and bite the vet (most unlike him) when they try to do it but I have to stop at some point cos he needs to start going for himself.

He is coming along well and lost alot of his stiffness, and can sit up sphynx like now which were his first physio aims.

Unfortunately (well for now) his brain seems to think he can walk like a normal dog and he keeps trying to stand up and move.... his legs actually have not much idea what this is about and he wil go cartwheeling across the floor, with his legs at scary angles and land on the floor. He is becoming a real handful now out of his crate because he wants to crawl around and try to stand up. He has quite alot of strength in his back legs and uses these to push against the cushions when you get him out of his crate, and propel himself forward..... he can just about stand with help, but won't particularly sit up properly - again I think his front legs seem much weaker and when he does stand, he isn't aware he isn't particularly standinding on his paws and will be over on his knuckles or toes.

Anyway got some photos at the weekend... he looks so normal its hard to believe.

100_2505.jpg

100_2513.jpg

100_2509.jpg