UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May - R M F

Wendbert

ok, basically he sits slouches back on his hind quarters and rubs his winky non stop with his front paw. When you tell him to pack it in he turns over and uses the other paw :rolleyes:

With him being a french bulldog he's all snuffles and sounds like a dirty old man....

Trouble is if i go out he must do it constantly as I came back yesterday and he was very sore in that area.

putting a collar on him would be no good as he uses his paws . Ive tried with a stuffed kong but not as fulfilling it seems :rolleyes:

Any ideas folks please....

Also he has visitors tomorrow - how do I broach the subject that he's obsessed with playing with himself :unsure: :rolleyes:

Is it a sudden thing he's doing? I.e. has he possibly got an infection?

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I know there's a health issue in there but...

:biglaugh:

Still could be worse (I think)

I once saw a dog air humping over another sleeping dog - had his paws up on the wall and his willy out and even a lacivious look on his face

Sorry - nothing constructive to add...

:laugh: Well it is Spring

All I can think of is shove something on him so he can't. Like a little pair of underpants effort. Otherwise you won't get him to stop it while he's in the erm mood and it will be very sore. Then you'll end up having to explain what he's been up to at the vets. :laugh: Either that or shove something on his front legs. I pity your visitors :laugh:

All I can think of is shove something on him so he can't. Like a little pair of underpants effort. Otherwise you won't get him to stop it while he's in the erm mood and it will be very sore. Then you'll end up having to explain what he's been up to at the vets. :laugh: Either that or shove something on his front legs. I pity your visitors :laugh:

I think they're visitors who are thinking of adopting him aren't they? Isn't he a foster dog, or am I confused.

It does sound as though it's become a habit, maybe a way of relieving stress/energy? Was he doing it before he came to you? I agree that breaking the habit is the way to go - does he have a favourite toy or bone (not that!) that you could keep away from him and just give it to him when he starts doing this - get him to do something first so he gets it as a reward for good behaviour. Maybe post in the behaviour section on here and see if anyone has any bright ideas. Has he been neutered recently?

You can get kind of bodywrap things that he could wear, but if he is using his paws then he might paw at the wrap until he ripped it.

Or booties?

PAWZ dog boots

ive had him here 2 weeks roughly and he's done it from day one - seems a very well formed habit more than infection.

Think he found something nice to do whilst in kennels passing away the time :rolleyes:

Why me eh :rolleyes:

will work out tomorrow how to post a link the video then you can choose if you wish to see yourselves - Im so glad my boys dont do it!!

I think they're visitors who are thinking of adopting him aren't they? Isn't he a foster dog, or am I confused.

It does sound as though it's become a habit, maybe a way of relieving stress/energy? Was he doing it before he came to you? I agree that breaking the habit is the way to go - does he have a favourite toy or bone (not that!) that you could keep away from him and just give it to him when he starts doing this - get him to do something first so he gets it as a reward for good behaviour. Maybe post in the behaviour section on here and see if anyone has any bright ideas. Has he been neutered recently?

Yes Ange, he's a foster. Been done a few years now.

he's very keen on the kong and Ive tried loads of different flavours - will keep trying to find something to take it's place

Hopefully his visitors won't be put off!

You can get kind of bodywrap things that he could wear, but if he is using his paws then he might paw at the wrap until he ripped it.

Or booties?

PAWZ dog boots

rubber boots!! :biglaugh:

Start another fettish for him I think!!

Oh dear it sounds as though he has probably found a way to pleasure himself and has been doing it for a long while. Thought it was one of your own dogs that had just started doing it. Cover him up in some way so he can't get to his bits. Keep him occupied doing other stuff.

I am psychic. I knew you'd all be talking chuffs and danglies :rolleyes:

You're going to have to tell us now...though I for one am an extreumely polite and well behaved laydee so naturally I shan't understand what it is I'm seeing!

:huh: :laugh:

ok, basically he sits slouches back on his hind quarters and rubs his winky non stop with his front paw. When you tell him to pack it in he turns over and uses the other paw :rolleyes:

With him being a french bulldog he's all snuffles and sounds like a dirty old man....

Trouble is if i go out he must do it constantly as I came back yesterday and he was very sore in that area.

putting a collar on him would be no good as he uses his paws . Ive tried with a stuffed kong but not as fulfilling it seems :rolleyes:

Any ideas folks please....

Also he has visitors tomorrow - how do I broach the subject that he's obsessed with playing with himself :unsure: :rolleyes:

Oh gawd! :wacko: Becks whats his background do you know?