UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Think It's Time

Ciren

We've had dobes, papillons and pomeranians and a GSD (who loathed cats from day one and never changed his mind) :laugh: we now have a rescue lurcher (who doesn't like cats and would eat small furries) and a little cav pup who is more trouble than all the rest were put together, but she's gorgeous. I imagine you've looked up the temperament of cavs? the majority love everyone, and all other animals, but of course a rescue may have been badly treated or neglected, or just plain spoiled and allowed to get too big for its boots.

I wouldn't rush into anything just yet...and dont let yourself be swayed by anyone pushing you towards one breed or another, you are the one who has to live with it! If your heart is telling you a cav, then go for it. If its just that it seems a suitable breed and it would do, keep looking! there are cross breeds out there about that size who could be just perfect for you.

I might just add...a dog is noisy if you let it be. My next door but one neighbour has a rottie x and a yorkie who bark all blinking day..my cav was barking back, but I've convinced her its a better idea to come in and get a treat. I must confess she does pull walking though, which is why she's now on a harness and not a collar. She isn't worried by bigger dogs, an enormous black GSD stopped to say hello yesterday, and she just sat down and wagged at him....ducks on the other hand (or paw) she's scared of!

I'll just sit here on Dylan..

IMG_0617.jpg

I'll just shorten Rosie by a nose!

IMG_0619.jpg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Cavaliers and especially your Rosie :wub: and waited years for a suitable one to come into my rescue or someone elses but I never did find one. :( I agree that you should not be swayed into someting you dont want but temperament is very important. Hasn't Rosie grown. x

i think greyhounds are lovely but they do need alot of exersice and i am not sure i would be able to give enough on a regular basis.

I was told that Greyhounds like to sleep for 20 hours and rest for 4. If Spike's anything to go by that's about right, they're not known as the fastest couch potato for nothing :laugh:

I hope we haven't confused you :flowers: