UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Bringing A Dog Over From Vietnam

sproggie14

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

our dogs chief reporter is a friend ill have a word if you like

Hi guys, sorry I haven't replied, it's been a crazy few weeks with the bears out here. We convinced them to et him off his chain a few times a day so he coud at leat go to the toilet, but then he got in a fight with the big black dog down the treet that always picks on him. Now he has a ripped ear :o( So he's either off chain and being attacked, or stuck on a chain all day. Worse, the eldest son is saying he doesn't want us to take his dog, despite the fact he is going away to uni. We're trying had to make him understand why we are offering Mun a new home.

Rumpole, thanks for the offer. if you could have a word that would be great! We've currently raised approx 190pounds to help bring him home, which is great and we're gratful to eveyrone who has donated, but realistically is only a tiny portion of what it would cost us. But we'l find the money somehow :rolleyes:

ETA: apologies for awful typing, sticky keys aren't typing some letters!

Edited by Mun's Mum

I think that France is a great option for a normal pet dog, but Mun is a bit of a special case and it's been hard to choose which would benefit him more. Hopefully we have made the right choice for him. My mum is going to check out the kennels and nothing is booked so, we'll see.

I see you live in SW London too Nettie, you will have to come and meet Mun one day :)

I think you're probably right and you know Mun best and which sort of kenneling would suit him best. We're in France at the moment and I must tell you that when the hounds get back to London they look at 'garden' as if to say 'is that it, again'!

I most certainly would love to meet Mun when he's back here, we're frequent walkers on Wimbledon Common.

Just to let everyone know that Mun's ear is now healing nicely and he is as handsome as ever! God knows what he's rolled in but he currently stinks! But I still kiss him....isn't that love :wink: :laugh: If he's not careful, he'll be in for his first bath soon! And he won't like that.

We've currently raised 200 pounds for Mun's fund :) A long way off the total but certainly a start.

Just a little bit of a Mun update (just an excuse to show off some photos of the hunk really!) So here he is

DSCF4903.jpg

Snoozy Mun

DSCF4645.jpg

Smiley Mun

DSCF4916.jpg

Here's Mun in a shirt when it was colder in winter (we didn't do it, the local kids did but he looked so funy that we had to take photos!)

DSCF4657.jpg

When we sneak him off of his chain he loves to run up to the National Park where we live and play with his son Max. Here's Max and Mun playing together.

DSCF4886.jpg

Here is Max (Mun's son) and his mum Mimi. Max caught a virus and nearly died when h a a smal puppy so he's vry lucky to be here. He's so big now, not bad for the runt of the litter!

DSCF3980.jpg

Yesteday Mun as let off his chain so he came up to the National Park with us and wouldn't leave our side for over 7 hours! We let him off again today and he's sitting at my fet as I type this :biggrin:

So far we've raised 250 pounds towads the Mun fund.

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

Haven't been posting for a while, but I have been lurking (keepig an eye on the dogs needing home and Mun will need a friend!)Sorry to resurrect an ancent topic but I thought you might like the news. I had some trouble getting Mun's owners to agree to me taking him as they wanted compensation for losing thier guard dog :rolleyes: and on moral grounds I couldn't do that. Anyway, after 5 long months of gentle persistance it has all paid off! GOOD NEWS. Mun is officially a 'gift of friendship' and I can defiantely take him home! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

I am planning to get him out of the country ASAP, by October if possible. We just need to raise the initial 2000pounds or so to get him to the UK. After that, it's just kenneling costfor 6 months. The first 1000 if for the quarantine deposit, the otherfor the flight. Although I just got a quote of 3000USD (approx 1500GBP) and nearly fainted! Am trying to find another quote! Have raised around 500pound so far, so thats 1/4 of the way there! :happy: We're going to keep fundraising. I was rather hoping that RUmpole would still carry our kind offer and contact her friend at Dogs Today but I've been unable to contact her.

I am delighted. I nearly danced around the room in delight when heard the news. I can't wait to get him home. I'd love to fly him out in October so he can ome home properly by March. then once he's settled we'll be looking for a friend for him....rescue dog of course!

Please join me in my celebrations! :partytime: