UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

White Lodge Walk

houndzrus

Our second outing today was with the White Lodge group walk at Coombe Abbey. it was a great walk, but the heavens opened near the end. Alison has some fab pictures, and here is a link to my montage. I enjoyed catching up with everyone, and Spike and Cherry are fast asleep now :wub:

link to montage

Edited by houndzrus

Well I can't recall who suggested Coombe Abbey as White Lodge Walk venue but thank you - it's a brilliant place! :biggrin:

As usual, it was eventful. No nuns, firemen or men in odd shoes this time, just the requisitioning of a mobility scooter and an ice-cream man being mobbed by hounds :rolleyes:

Claz Claire travelling in style with Skye (below)

ClazScooter.jpg

Matthew with his lovely dog Ginger from the Coventry RGT and another random ginga

MattandGingers.jpg

Crazy Claire, James and Marge with Whistler and Cherry. Cherry is just recovering from surgery to remove a lump from her back leg which is healing beautifully. We know this because she ditched the dressing half way round in the woods! :rolleyes:

WhistlerandCherry.jpg

Some of the gang pausing for a chat

Gang.jpg

Claire's scooter was requisitioned for a mercy dash to help this little girl who had hurt her foot. White Lodgers to the rescue! (The shot in a million that I missed was Cherry & Spike's Dad Keith hurtling back on it - a classic moment but unfortunately not one that was captured on film unless anyone else managed to catch it).

MercyDash.jpg

Yay, the treats are on Daddy Beastly! :wink:

IceCream.jpg

Apologies to Chris (Yeti) if I've got this wrong, but I think that Mr Whippy gave up collecting cash in the end and simply dished up freebies. If I am wrong please let me know as SoI owes you for at least 3 cones! :laugh:

Did any humans get an ice cream (or even a sniff of one) by the way? :unsure:

Nose.jpg

GuinessandSol.jpg

SkyeandKai.jpg

Rosie.jpg

Thanks everyone for a really enjoyable afternoon.

It ended with three bits of fantastic news: Aron has gone home to loaf on his forever sofa chez Christine, Amanda and Siani have signed Quinn's official adoption papers and Dick has been reserved pending a successful homecheck! Perfect. Thank you again to all who've helped make my day :flowers:

Matthew with his lovely dog Ginger from the

Coventry RGT

(he's from Kenilworth Dogs Trust) and another random ginga

MattandGingers.jpg

Thanks for organising the walk, and for the friendly welcome. Ginger also thanks you for the offer of ice cream, even though he declined to take any!

It was great to meet you all, and I'll try to get to more of your walks in future.

Tried to get on to the White Lodge forum, but although I managed to register (as Yorkshireman) it won't let me log in for some reason. Probably something to do w/ my computer rather than your site, as there's at least 2 other forums I can't log on to either (at least I don't THINK I've upset enough people to be banned from 3 different forums but you never know!! :D ).

Just didn't want you to think I was being rude....

Matthew (the least slim of the gingers in the above photo).

Tried to get on to the White Lodge forum, but although I managed to register (as Yorkshireman) it won't let me log in for some reason.

I have PMd you Matthew and you should be able to log in and post now :flowers:

Alison x

Edited by Alison

love the pics and great montage too

my thats a lot of pointies all in one place at one time

slightly off topic but what was the music, feel free to PM me instead of

wandering off subject

ta very muchly

I had a look on the onetrumedia site, but all it said was "sample music". sorry I couldn't be more specific. :unsure: