UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Reintroduction Or Something...

batmobile

Dear All,

I have had such a busy time - both negatively and positively recently and have not really been able to post. Sometimes I have started and not finished as it is hard to know where to start, but I decided on this rainy Friday evening to say hello to you all again.

As you know, just before Christmas, my husband and I moved to a house in the country, with 3.5 acres of land which includes an enclosed paddock with a stable. The house and land had been empty for 2 years so it is extremely overgrown, but quite frankly, we are so happy here, it is almost hard to comprehend.... the house is one house, but split in two and my parents live in one half, and we live in the other. Their dog (a retriever, 10 years old) who had lost her companion a few years ago looks about 5 years younger and is thrilled to have constant companions again (she adores our two) and to be honest, we have three dogs now, not two. The commute to work has increased, the convenience of a petsitter is out of the window at the moment (but I only work two days a week so they are only left then) and we have not sold our other house so paying 2 mortgages is crippling us but it is the dream and we feel very fortunate and that the sacrifices are worth it.

I am really only telling you this because there are not many people to share it with and also, only the Fugees could appreciate what it must be like for the dogs to have rabbits, smells. a field and undergrowth on their doorstep. They are like pups again and whilst it wasn't done for them as such, a large part was secretly. In order to afford it, we could not do it alone, hence why we share with parents but in the end, it has given their dog a new lease of life which makes it even better. I do not want to sound like I am boasting - I am just very appreciative. I have depression, anxiety and this has been made worse by work who have recently made my life so awful, I had terrible, frightening thoughts, but coming back to this has made it easier to cope and not give up. Seeing the dogs running across the paddock after their ball or the retriever digging for moles makes my heart soar.

I have been meaning to post some pics of the dogs playing etc but my husband has not got round to putting them in the gallery yet so you will have to be patient BUT, I will post them and if you can ignore the unsightly nettles and weeds, it looks quite nice.

Basically, I wanted to say HI and that myself and the dogs are still around - I lurk a lot but have not posted much. I was so low at times, starting anything seemed too hard or would make me cry. Strange really. I hope it is all uphill from here.

Love from me, hobbes, whisper and abby xxxxxxxxxx

Heyyyy, I remember you and Hobbes! :wavey:

Your places sounds amazing, and I wish you all many happy years there. :)

As for work, well I worked in a godawful place for 1 1/2 years but in the end I had the last laugh yesterday when I packed up and left, leaving them with a lot to sort out that I would of done if they hadn't been so awful. Life feels great this morning! :wink:

Tis nice to see your name again, I always imagine a fast car whenever I see it.

Where you live sounds wonderful, truly a dream and when your other house is sold you have less worry.

Re your work - Just think, when they are nasty, what you go home to every time you leave work.

Two days of nasty people v 5 days of bliss.

I wish you great joy in your new home but piccys are a must.

Edited by Kathyw