UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Changing Opinion- The Ebt

dawnhughes

I foster rescue dogs for 3 local rescues. A few weeks ago I was approached to foster a EBT.My immediate reaction was to say no as I am ashamed to say I was terrified of EBT as a breed. However she was in such a bad situation and was being terribly neglected. We were on holiday last week so I agreed to meet her today and give her a chance. I felt it would be cruel to pass her by based on her breed. She cant help it.

Well she has completely changed my opinion on the breed. Despite her terrible neglect she has the nature of an angel and a personality of a sweetheart (Has never been walked and had been confined to a yard/kitchen all her life) The plan was to use her to breed from. Her nails are so long they bend under her feet and she has hair loss on her face, head and neck. Scars on her face and a cut on her ear :)

We have a vet appointment first thing tomorrow

Not long after she arrived I took her on her first ever walk. We went to meet my friend and her dogs. Boy did she have fun and i'm sure Lorraine grew a soft spot for her also ;D Daisy certainly loved her (and her feet ;))

Anyways meet Daisy-mai ;D

DSC00893.jpg

Daddy Milo

DSC00894.jpg

Posing for the camera

DSC00896.jpg

DSC00900.jpg

DSC00899.jpg

Waiting for grub

DSC00908.jpg

I took her in the tennis courts to practise her recall

DSC00918.jpg

DSC00922.jpg

DSC00924.jpg

DSC00926-1.jpg

I am now trying to work on my mum to let me keep her ;) This is from a girl who until today was scared of this breed ;) Just goes to show you cant judge a dog soley on its breed

She's gorgeous :wub: .

I was like you and just didn't like ebt's as one at one of oh's relatives house ran at me and pinned me to the wall, it scared the crap out of me. I of course now know that it was just coming up for a kiss and a cuddle :laugh: , it did however put me of them until I got Ailsa and I realised that they are amongst the nicest dogs you could ever hope to meet. Good luck in talking your mum into allowing you to keep her.

Terri

Edited by ailsas mum

I was like you and just didn't like ebt's as one at one of oh's relatives house ran at me and pinned me to the wall, it scared the crap out of me.

Terri

Funny enough it was the same dog ( Spike) that made me want one, he was a silly waggely lump of a dog :wub: .

EBT's are fantastic, a bit nutty and not the easiest to train but boy are they worth it :wub:

How ANYONE could be afraid of an EBT I just dont understand, they are in my opinion the daftest looking dogs and just looks like a bundle of fun! :)

they are lovely dogs, great temperaments as bullbreeds always are!

She is absolutely gorgeous very cute indeed!