UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Happily Married?

ranirottie

oh I am glad that I started this thread, its nice to hear abiut happy relationships. Sorry about the bad ones. :flowers:

Chris is my 3rd hubby and we have been together for 32 years and for the most of it we have been happy, more so in the last 10 years. He is my best mate and I love him dearly (even tho sometimes I could kill him) and luckily he feels the same. x

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very much so, and it'll be 12 years this year.

*But* thinking back to the times when we weren't happy, the problems weren't really our marriage, it was other things, money, or being miserable at work/college, or just being generally disatisfied with life at the time. I think that sometimes because we do tend to be pretty wrapped up with each other that's the first place we look for a reason. I can't explain that very well, but when everything's great and I am really happy, I tend to give OH the credit for making me happy. Even if really he's only partly responsible for it. But the flip side of that is that he tends to get the blame when I'm not happy, even if it's not really his fault.

So I wonder sometimes when I hear stats like this if it's really their relationship that is making them miserable, or if that's mainly a symptom of some other stress or sadness in their lives. Obviously it will be the relationship for some (most?) people, but 65% seems a huge number.

Very much so, and it'll be 12 years this year.

*But* thinking back to the times when we weren't happy, the problems weren't really our marriage, it was other things, money, or being miserable at work/college, or just being generally disatisfied with life at the time. I think that sometimes because we do tend to be pretty wrapped up with each other that's the first place we look for a reason. I can't explain that very well, but when everything's great and I am really happy, I tend to give OH the credit for making me happy. Even if really he's only partly responsible for it. But the flip side of that is that he tends to get the blame when I'm not happy, even if it's not really his fault.

So I wonder sometimes when I hear stats like this if it's really their relationship that is making them miserable, or if that's mainly a symptom of some other stress or sadness in their lives. Obviously it will be the relationship for some (most?) people, but 65% seems a huge number.

I think this is very true.

Outside stresses must affect a couople if they are close - the trick is to ride them out.

Oh was always there for me and I for him.

No one expected me to stay married for very long, indeed many thought I would leave him at the alter (no way) because I was too flighty but it never entered my head to bolt because we always sorted things out. We talked about whatever it was until it was sorted.

Those were the days - they truly were.

I would say that first the first 17 years I was very, very happy but the last three (due to illness) have been a rollercoaster of 'normal' times and deperately unhappy, fearful times.

I would like to be able to say that the normal times make up for the bad times but they fall far far short.

I love the normal oh deeply but the bad one is a stranger I despise.

I would love to have a few hours a day to myself - alone in the house - that would be bliss for me.

That must be soo hard so just want to send a :GroupHug:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: x

Big :GroupHug: for you Kathy, I am sure that Ray is ill x

Oh it is the reason Cher but in the middle of the night behind my bolted bedroom door because he is angry with me - I don't think 'ill' I just think 'get me through the night safely' and listen for his bedroom door to close.

I think a happy marriage is a wonderful thing and although now I sometimes question why I married at all, in reality I wouldn't have missed the wonderful years before it all went sour.

I have loved and I have been loved.