UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Desperate Advice Needed - Losing Job Now Home

Alfiesmum

Sending you huge :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug: I've no more to add except that I'm in Sandbach in Cheshire so not far from you and would be happy to help with transporting your dogs if you decide to take Vivian or Jacky up on their kind offer - would have to be a weekend as I don't drive but I'm sure OH would help :flowers:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Alfiesmum,

My son will be home at the weekend, he is having a major clothes clear out, he buys too much and has to part with some, he is around that height, about a 34" waist I think, 44" chest?, size 11 shoes.

I will have a sort through, make a list of whats there and send you what you want from the list.

You are under no obligation to have any of it if you don't want, just thought it might cheer you up

Laura xx

Blimey - what a mess! And I thought things were tough for me at the moment!

My son spent a while on benefits while he was suffering from cancer and I can completely understand how you're caught up in all the traps which stop you working and improving your lot in life. That subject is a bit of a hobby horse for me so I won't go down that road or I won't actually get around to writing anything constructive.

I live in Derbyshire - it's only about an hour or so to Nantwich so if there's anything practical I can do (even if it's only popping over for a coffee for a bit of company or a chat on the phone) PM me and we'll sort something out very soon.

I can't immediately help with the clothes (my son had loads but sadly he died from the cancer and I gave almost everything to a charity shop) but have you tried charity shops for clothes. You're in a very good area for high quality stuff. I do still have some of my son's stuff (Playstation and stuff) which is looking for a good home if that would help to make life a bit more bearable for you all.

I do work full time but I'd be happy to foster the dogs for you if that's any help at all.

And if you need help with transport for the dogs or when you move I have an estate car and access to a trailer.

And finally, if you need a bolt hole while you get yourself together again (and I have no doubt you will) you'd all be very welcome here. I'd squash you all in somehow if you're prepared to camp out a bit.

Life goes in circles. This will pass. Everyone's rooting for you. Hang in there!

Hi Alfiesmum,

Nothing much more to add to what others have said. Your landlady has to give you 2 months notice which MUST be in writing. Saying she wants you out as soon as possible for her convenience just will not do. You then have the right to stay there for 2 months from the date of the written notice.

You will get through this. You already have the assurance that you will not lose your dogs as there are various offers here of temporary foster homes. I hope you have some more joy of the housing office today. People with dependant children have to be offered a roof, even if only B&B.

I was in despair trying to find somewhere which would accept dogs and HB, as most rented places round here are "working professional people only, no pets", but I did in the end. Go to every agency, contact every Housing Association, cast your net wide, tell everyone you know and get them to put the word around and help you to look for somewhere.

Now that you have told us about your problem, you aren't alone with it any more and you can be assured that Fugees will do their best to help you.

Well you couldn't be asking a better bunch of people for advice and you will get help here also. :GroupHug:

Are you currently looking after the little boy in your home. Are you able to go out to work. If so contact your local schools and see if they have any vacancies for a classroom assistant maybe. How did you find the parents in the first place. Through an agency or just speaking to them?

Make sure you contact the council today and explain the situation to them. They should be able to place you as this is an emergency and you have children. Also contact CAB and see how they can assist you.

If you are able to work outside the home how about trying doctors surgeries, shops, supermarkets. They can all offer part-time jobs if they have vacancies. They may be flexible and work with you. Don't worry if it's something you don't want to do. Right now this is just to get you out of a hole. I was a manager in my last job. I came to an agreement with a lady that she could work certain hours for us as she was stuck in a position like you with her income support. That was a large company so you never know.

Keep talking to us and we'll be there and keep helping you along the way.

Michelle

x

BIG :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug: to you and your family at what must be an awful time

I know you're currently assisting a SEN child in your local primary school but have you looked at what other local childcare provisions are in you area :unsure: I run a local playgroup and have several staff that work under 16 hrs a week doing various roles from Snack Co-ordination (preping snack) to Trainee Early Years Practitioners who are doing their NVQ Lv2 CCLD whilst working with us part time, I don't know the area your in so don't know whats in your locale :unsure:

I also agree with other advice given the landlady MUST give you 2mths notice in writing which you then take into your local council housing office, like Julia said they will house you in whatever is available and it might not be in the nicest of areas but a roof is a roof at the end of the day and I have been at the mercy of the local council in my past, also as suggested make sure you are on the list for all the local HA's this was how my Mum got out of a bad private rented nightmare, most HA's have very similar guidelines to the council re housing allocation.

Agree also with the local freecycle I have gotten rid of various unused things on mine or answered wanted listing for things I'd never thought of sorting through til I saw the post, its amazing how much stuff you can accumulate without realising :rolleyes: I have a 5ft 11in 16yr old lad and although I know he hasn't got any uniform anymore as I've already got shot and it was the wrong colour anyhow its about time he had a clothes clearout (bedroom floor has vanished!) and anything going your welcome to and I'm sure I could arrange getting the stuff to you :flowers:

I know things seem hopeless at the moment, but there is light at the end of the tunnel you just have to be strong and have faith and remember you are among friends and a problem shared is a problem halved :flowers:

Hi Alfiesmum, I've been thinking about you. I don't have any advice unfortunately, but it sounds like you've had some really good advice of people who know their way round these things and I hope that helps. Just a big :GroupHug: to you and my bestest wishes for a quick turnaround of your situation. I am in Manchester and I drive, so if i can help in any way, shape or form, please shout, okay? :flowers:

:GroupHug: to you - it must be really hard for you. I work in a school - have you thought about agency work for T.A.'s or perhaps you current head would consider putting your details on the schools intranet system to see if there is anything similar coming up - children are always being statemented and heads are very often desperate for someone with experience.

Also I have two older boys so will get them to sort out their wardrobes - I live in Stoke so not too far away from you - would be glad to help in any way I can

Claire

x

Ok Hi

Firstly hi and :GroupHug:

Ok it may not seem like this but it could be a blessing in disguise. The council are not allowed to leave any child let alone 2 homeless. They will do everything in there power to stop you getting a council house as they are trying to hold on to them as they are like golddust. Its gonna be tough for a while but hang in there. Firstly forewarn the council that you are being evicted on such a such date and you will be on there doorstep with everything you own as there is not one other place you can go.

I went through this 6 years ago as did a single friend of mine. The council have many emergency houses left vacant they have to have some empty and they will put you in one of those they may move to B&B but if they do wont be for long as costs them to much money.

Its all done on a bidding system where you bid for houses and as you will be classed as homeless you will get a priority card which means you will get a house quite quick.

Dont let the council bully you cause they will.

Be strong and if you need a chat pm and I will call you as have free calls.

Good luck

Julia