Desperate Advice Needed - Losing Job Now Home

Alfiesmum

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't got any experience of the matters you mention so can't offer any advice, sorry.

Could I do something practical to help, like top up your mobile (e.g.)? It appears that you'll probably need to do a fair bit of ringing around in the near future to get the situation sorted.

Keeping everything crossed for you that this is resolved quickly :flowers:

Don't let the council tell you they won't home you! My local council will home you if you have been in the area for 6 months or more. Plus as people have said you will be priority need as you have children. I think councils normally have a homelessness officer that deals specifically with homeless cases, ask to be put on to them. You will have to be extremely persistant and bug them to death but they will have to help you.

Someone I know has been living in his car for 3 months and has just been offered a flat with a relatively low number of points so don't give up x

Can't offer anything else, but wanted you to have a :GroupHug:

Also wanted to say that it's brought a tear to my eye the way that the fugees are offering help and support......it's great to know that there are good people out there :flowers:

Sure they will rehome you because of the children its terrible time I know.

my daughter was in the same suitation a few years ago and two days before the moving date was offered a concil house and still in it.

She was married with one child and two dogs.

Really thinking of you a bit too far away to be much help. so sorry :GroupHug:

Firstly I want to say thankyou so much for all your offers of help and advice, Ive logged in here and just bawled my eyes out (again). You are all such lovely generous people with hearts of gold even though you dont know me. I will try my best to reply to each of you that have asked specific things by pm.

Ive spent most of this afternoon trying to sort things out. The council where I live Crewe and Nantwich has the highest level of Polish people coming to live here in the UK. They come from another country and have nothing and no family, they are also not able to be employed until they have an address. They end up with more 'points' than I do even with my reason for moving here, that counts for nothing. All council housing is managed by Wulvern Housing and Ive rung them. They have told me that they cannot house me until I am literally on my last day here. If Ive been given two months notice they would see that I would have had ample time to find another place to live, especially if Ive been in private rented for the last year. If I had done nothing myself about finding a place to live the only place they could put me would be a hostel for as long as it took. Nantwich has no homes available at the moment and Crewe only have hostels which are full to the brim with ALL sorts of people, they are even putting two families in homes that are more suitable for one. There are some very unpredictable areas around here that I would not be able to live with myself if I had to go there. Im not fussy but I dont want to live with drug addicts and dealers and even Wulvern said that it would not be suitable for the children - could they go and live with their dad (they did know about the DV) My youngest (aged 7) is already on his third primary school and my eldest on his second senior school and they have finally settled and are trying so hard to catch up. They HAVE to stay at the same schools for the long term future's sake so we have to stay in Nantwich.

Ive had a long talk with my landlady and she has reluctantly agreed that she wont put the house on the market until June as my tenancy agreement is up for renewal on the 10th August which gives me two months notice before my tenancy agreement finishes. That said, I still havent got enough money coming in to still live here. I had a £250 gas bill this morning, which means that my direct debit is now going up but £15 per month, and my water bill is due out in the next four days, its going up by at least 10%. Rock and hard place because there is no where else to go and not enough money to stay.

Ollie papillon is going into a rescue from here next week, I sobbed my heart out down the phone, and I will break to a million pieces when he goes, my children are with their dad next week, so I can fall apart on my own. I cant part with Alfie Cavvie at the moment, he looks like my Rosie that I lost last year due to heart failure, I might have to rehome him, but I cant lose both at once.

Im going to be offline all weekend, I cant get my head round all of this and just finding it all too much.

So sorry you're haviong these problems, your council does sound unecessarily harsh in their judgements. I know that you do normally have to be actually homeless and then you do get placed in a hostel until a property becomes available. Depending on what system is used it will be by bidding or allocation.

Do you have a friend who can assist you in this? It sounds like you need some support, it's a lot to cope with on your own.

I know this is off the original topic, but have you considered applying for Disability living allowance if your incapacity stems from a stroke and is likely to be long term? This can give you extra entitlement to other benefits. Your local CAB or benefits advice centre can complete the form for you as they are trained to do so. (More chance of a successful outcome) I know this is probably the last thing on your mind right now, but it could help in the long run. :GroupHug: :flowers:

you might be right there Meandmy4 I probebly woild be tha same but like I keep telling my best friend this too ,if Im not serious or cant do it ,I wont offer ! I think this is the case with most peeps here lol :biggrin: so please hun ,dont feel shy ,we really do want to help ,I wish I could be of more help,but I too far away to be of any proper help really :(

I am always available tho if you need a shoulder or ear online or phone :)

Vivian -xxx-

Just a quick note inform social services that you will have no where to live very soon they always know of emergency housing and have to help as you have children its called Duty of Care with in Every Child matters. Explain your past history of DV and having to move from one area to another x x

Good luck :GroupHug:

Edited by maggie110th