UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Are You Obsessed ............

taylor

or am I normal ?

I recently went out and met a new man for a drink and hello, by the 4 hour point i was clock watching and wanting to get home to the dogs :rolleyes:

I asked if he thought I was obsessed , the answer was predictablly yes :wacko: ! the thing is I can only settle when they are walked and happy. I laugh the loudest when laughing at them. I feel real love when looking at them and dont want anyone in my life that would make them unhappy. I never leave them on workdays other than for work. spend all my pennies on them. and am constantly worrying whether they are happy :unsure:

Im like a protective doting obsessive mother :rolleyes: Is it normal ?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought you were writing about me there girl. :D

I do go out in the week but, only to a pals house. Lottie comes with me as his dog and her are pals and we dog sit for each other.

Don't like going out at night anyway though. Would rather be curled up watching a movie. I like going out all day with the dog. Lunch in a dog friendly pub. Then a mates for tea and a few beers.

Really cannot be bothered dating. Saw a bloke for a 4 months at the end of last year and I told him I prefered to be on my own in the end as I really could not be bothered considering someone else. Selfish I know but, BOTHERED :devil:

Yep :)

Totally obsessed and absorbed by them. I love their company, talk about them when I'm not with them and love nothing more than being on the beach or in the woods with them, playing and training them!

I'm sure people watching me think I'm nuts! :)

Yes, as Helen so rightly pointed out on my Gotcha thread, I love Riley more than just a little bit :wub: . There is nothing better than watching two or more dogs play together or curl up asleep together.

My favourite pub is one about 30 mins walk away - which has dog beds and water bowls for the canine customers, has pigs ears on the menu and where Riley is allowed to wander and say hello to all the hoomans. As one of the other drinkers their said - you don't come to this pub if you don't like dogs :laugh:

I realised how obsessed I am with Sol when someone recently asked me if he'd ever suffered from separation anxiety. I honestly haven't a clue - he's always with me! :laugh:

That's actually a slight fib. He does sometimes spend time with his Dad. As his Dad is the "official" owner (as opposed to me, the "real" one :wink: ) it doesn't seem unreasonable that he might want his own dog to himself from time to time.

Sol comes with me almost everywhere. I don't shop, drink, dine or even work anywhere he's not welcome but there are few places where he isn't welcome anyway so I don't find it limiting.

I feel like part of me is missing when he's not there :wub:

I missed my eldest daughters wedding in the states cause there was no way I was leaving Ailsa. Youngest daughter has been told to look for a dog friendly venue for her wedding or mum won't be there for long ( unless I can find someone who I trust a million percent with the dogs ). My family know that my dogs are my first priority and they probably always will be.

Terri

Yes, I am obsessed with my dogs, they are very much the main focus of my life. I don't feel quite complete when I'm apart from them, which is no doubt very sad but there it is! :D Luckily for them they are selfish little beasts who don't worry about me half as much as I worry about them :laugh:

I'm the one in the household who has separation anxiety, the dogs are completey fine :rolleyes:

I'm glad it's not just me then :laugh: Last weekend I was at Crufts and the OH was dogsitting for the first time ever :ohmy: The list of instructions I left him was like an essay and of course I was ringing every five minutes to check they were okay :laugh: So of course I had to spend a fortune on them at Crufters to make up for the fact that I'd been away from them overnight :laugh:

I'm the one in the household who has separation anxiety, the dogs are completey fine :rolleyes:

Fee, I often look at Sol sitting there serenely on his chair, paws elegantly folded at the wrist, superior and contented expression on his face and get the feeling that he's thinking: "I wish you'd bugger off sometimes and give me some 'me' time" :laugh: Just like you, it's definitely me who suffers from separation anxiety :rolleyes: Absolutely stupid too as I know that Sol is in the safest and most loving hands with his Dad; it's not like he's ever ever left alone even for 30 secs.

Completely obsessed :laughingsmiley: they always come first but that's how it should be.

Completely agree Rudi, that is just how it should be :wub: Sol was a death row poundie and when he came here both as a foster (long story but twice around) and then as a permanent boy, his happiness was what it was/still is all about for me and his Dad. This is an unashamedly Sol-centred household and fortunately for us, he's the most placid easy lad in the world. I say fortunately because I suspect that any other dog might seriously become a monster given the levels of indulgence involved (I'm not kidding btw).

Sol is referred to in this house as "Our Benign Dictator" which really does sum it up :biggrin: