UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Scooby Has Arrived

Natalie34

Hi there

Some of you may have read about 'Scooby' (alias Trigger) in the topic 'Have lead and collar ...'

Well this morning at 5.30am (after about 3 hours sleep cause I was so excited) I met Bea at Northampton Services to meet Scooby and bring him home.

What an adorable little fella he is :wub:

But I think he may be a little bit of a tinker !! I know its early yet but he has that look in his face :)

Very confident and outgoing

He was a good boy on the short journey home, well apart from wetting his bedding !! So the washing machine is on already :rolleyes:

He is a bit wiffy, so think a nice wash is needed today.

He is now running around the house, up and down the stairs having a good look around and a

good sniff. Jumping on and off the sofa and even on and off my bed .... see told you he was going to be a tinker !!!

Will give him a little while and will then take him on a little walk.

And then at 9.30am he can meet my children and some of my friends, because I will take him up to the football pitch where my son is playing football this morning.

Well when he stays still long enough I will take some photos of him to share with you all.

Be back later x

Scooby is settling in really well.

Have been out for a nice walk this morning and Scooby was very friendly with all other dogs he met whether they were on or off their lead.

As Scooby isn't yet used to his name, it will be a while before I let him off as I can't risk him not responding to me when I call him back. But he was happy enough to walk along on his extendable lead which gave him enough freedom.

He also mixed well with the people at the football .... both adults and children.

One observation ... he didn't like walking over bridges! I crossed two bridges, one which went over a road the other over a river and he wasn't a happy chappy. Dug his heels in and would only move after some gentle persuading. Strange !!

Scooby is extremely laid back and placid, except that is, when he sees my rabbit.

Typical terrier wants to eat her :wacko: Poor Milie (rabbit) doesn't know whats hit her. Suddenly this black and white stranger nosing at her in her hutch and trying to open the doors.

Bless.

So I hope with some serious 'Nos' everytime he goes near her and in time he wont be so bothered.

Scooby clearly likes his food.

He takes a lot of interest in any food you are eating and will stand up against the cupboards to see what is on the kitchen worktop .... not that he can reach. So I wouldn't leave any food or the kitchen bin within reach of him cause I think he would have a tendency to demolish the lot.

And the bit I was dreading as all other dogs I have had have hated this ..... bath time !

But bless him he was as good as gold. Didn't bat an eyelid.

So for being a good boy I was praising him and offered him a few chocolate drops .... and he turned his nose up !! So had to quickly change it to a nice doggie biccie which went down a treat. Although Scooby does clearly have a big interest in food, if you give him something or when he eats out of his bowl, he is very gentle and will not snatch or gulp.

Anyway enough rambling on.

Some pictures to follow in a mo.

:)

Well I can't work out how to attach photos on this thread, so I will create a gallery called Scooby in the pictures section.

Hope you find them ok x

Glad he has settled, sounds a character - if you open a photobucket account (its free) you can upload your pics to there & download them to here easily! we love pics :)

Hi Sarah

Any news on Scooby's friend??

We wonder how he is doing?

Glad he has settled, sounds a character - if you open a photobucket account (its free) you can upload your pics to there & download them to here easily! we love pics :)

Thanks for the tip. I will sort that later then.

Bit manic here at the moment so will wait til children gone to bed :rolleyes: