UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Scooby Has Arrived

Natalie34

Well Scooby has been doing some odd things today:

He is house trained as far as he know if you say toilets in the garden he knows to go out and will do his business, and he will go and stand by the back door to go out, BUT he still in the house in odd places, will just c*** his leg and do a few drops of wee!!

Also, I have purposefully left him on his own today for a couple of short periods, just to test and make sure he isn't howling, crying etc. Which he isn't (I checked with my neighbour) but he knocks over one of the dining room chairs .... the same one each time and he's lucky he doesn't get squashed!

I now have my ex husbands 2 dogs round for the night because he is having visitors who don't like dogs and it is an ideal opportunity for me to see how Scooby gets on with them ...... well there is a lot of grumbling and snaping from Scooby, he is also trying to hump Smudge a lot who is twice his size. Smude is getting a tad annoyed !

And if Ollie walks past he growls and shows his teeth.

Mmmmm! Initial thoughts are not good about these getting on :wacko:

Me thinks Scooby doesn't like them being in his home .....cause out and about Scooby is fine with other dogs.

I think I'm right that he was only castrated very recently? If that's the case the weeing indoors is almost certainly scent marking and should improve as his hormone levels drop. He's probably also reacting to everything feeling a bit strange, so he's trying to stake out his territory. :rolleyes:

It's probably early days to introduce him to the other dogs. Perhaps let him settle and feel a bit more secure first then try again introducing them outside on neutral ground, go for a walk together and then bring them into the house? The humping should also improve in time following his castration.

The chair - I have absolutely no idea :wacko: :wacko:

He mixed very well with dogs of all ages and genders here, not just in the run but in the house too. I had to put my foot down once and tell him off when he tried to hump a dog and that was that. He never tried it again. And that was BEFORE he was neutered and hormones in full swing.

Edited by EGAR

many thanks for the advice

much appreciated

well its another day here, and things seem to have calmed down a bit

Scooby was great last night for bedtime

a couple of little cries at first but then nothing, which is great :)

will take them all out for a walk together this morning before the horrid weather lands on us

Pleased he's landed Natalie. It's very early days to be honest. They can behave strangely in the first few days. They don't show their normal personality. He may be absolutely fine with oh's dogs once settled in. The accidents could stop naturally also. He needs to settle into your home and know where he stands.