UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Terrible News

redditchlady

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much everyone. Max didn't want to move around yesterday morning. I helped him outside to wee. Managed to get Max back in aided by a huge bath towel. I rang the vet so we knew we had the vet on standby.

Max couldn't get up about 3.30. Normally when he has had an off day a few hours rest sorts him out.

He had no feeling whatsoever in his rear legs. :( I called the vet back and the vet came out. It wasnt either of our normal 2 vets, but he had read Max's notes.

He was surprised we had kept Max going for so long.

We had a terrible decision to make. Yes Max could have a steroid injection, but Max had had enough and the vet said he wouldn't be able to walk again even round the house.. He looked at me with those big brown eyes and the spark had gone from them. :mecry:

I knew I owed my boy that much. No way would I let my lad suffer. 13 years was a long time I feel like my insides have been torn out. :mecry:

Kazz xx

I don't know you but my heart goes out to you at this sad time, you have lost a friend and your heart is aching, in time you will smile and remember the good times, but for now remember that you gave him a wonderful life for 13 years and at the end you made the right decision. It took me a long time to realise these things myself. xx

Thanks so much everyone. Max didn't want to move around yesterday morning. I helped him outside to wee. Managed to get Max back in aided by a huge bath towel. I rang the vet so we knew we had the vet on standby.

Max couldn't get up about 3.30. Normally when he has had an off day a few hours rest sorts him out.

He had no feeling whatsoever in his rear legs. :( I called the vet back and the vet came out. It wasnt either of our normal 2 vets, but he had read Max's notes.

He was surprised we had kept Max going for so long.

We had a terrible decision to make. Yes Max could have a steroid injection, but Max had had enough and the vet said he wouldn't be able to walk again even round the house.. He looked at me with those big brown eyes and the spark had gone from them. :mecry:

I knew I owed my boy that much. No way would I let my lad suffer. 13 years was a long time I feel like my insides have been torn out. :mecry:

Kazz xx

Dont cry for me when I'm gone

Three score years are given to men,

But ours is a much briefer span.

So, though I give you all my heart,

The time will come when we must part.

But all around, you will see

Creatures that speak to you of me;

A tired horse, a hunted thing,

A sparrow with a broken wing...

Pity and help, (I know you will),

And, somehow, I will be with you still.