UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Could You Please Spare Some Thoughts For Ozzy And His Family Please?

dirtychicken

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou all so much. We're absolutely gutted. But, a lot was learnt from our experience with Ice. We actually lost Ice due to his stomach. Basically he couldn't digest his food. He was sick 80% of what he was eating. A tiny bit was passing through his bowel, and the rest was impacting. By the time he left us, his tummy could have exploded at any moment. :mecry: I am absolutely convinced it was the Rimadyl and matacam that caused it. But he was very clearly in pain and we couldn't not give him pain relief.

There's Rimadyl waiting for Ozzy at the vets but i don't want to give him them. :( I'm so scared he's going to go the same way as Ice did. :mecry:

His limp is worse after exercise, and after resting but, he's not yelping or crying with it so, until that happens, he'll stay drug free. We'll see what the ortho says but, there's been mention of an arthroscopy in his joints :sick01: I honestly don't know what to do for the best, and my head is spinning. He's such a babe. I'm certain his size doesn't help. He's 50 kilos and 8 months. He's on restricted exercise of 2 15 minute on lead walks a day.

Since the vet rang i've increased his exercise by half an hour and i've been letting him off lead. He won't have any muscle tone and this was another reason why Ice couldn't be helped. If he tells me it's too much for him we'll drop it down.

Ice had such a restricted life and i still feel guilty for that now. I don't want the same for Ozzy. I don't want to see him miserable and depressed with no life in his eyes :mecry: But, at the same time, i want to do everything we can for him. I guess we'll have to see what Ortho say. There's also a shiny new hydrotherapy centre opened in the next village which the vet is going to check out.

Thankyou so much for thinking of us. :flowers:

My big man :wub:

008-5.jpg

Another yes for hydro here :flowers: Hopefully the new local one will be glad of some new customers and Ozzy can get some much needed exercise to build up his muscle mass and deter the drugs for longer :GroupHug:

I can't believe that you are having to go through this again so soon. :GroupHug: :GroupHug: