UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Bailey Going In And Going Under Today

RosieandBailey

Still heard nuffin :( Hoping no news is good news. They said to ring at 3.00 if we'd not heard anything so will be doing so in a bit.

I so hope he's all right, the little chicken. I did get a bit wibbly when I had to leave him and had a bit of a blub when I got in the car to drive to work :rolleyes:

When I arrived though I got a call from poor Steve saying his granny had been found this morning, think she died in her sleep last night :cry: She was like a mum to Steve and we lived with her for the first year we were together and she was such a lovely old lady :(

So I came home from work as soon as I'd arrived and we went off to her house to wait for the doctor, where I've been for the last 4 hours.

Blimey what a morning :blink:

Thankyou all for your good thoughts for my little man. Really very much appreciated :flowers:

Big snogs coming to Bailey from all of us :GroupHug: Hope everything goes ok and you manage to get to the bottom of his problems. :flowers: Let us know how you get on. :)

Rosie, I am so sorry to hear about Steves nan :mecry: I know how close they were and I'm sure she wil;l be greatly missed. Sending :GroupHug: :GroupHug: for you and Steve.

Sounds like you could do with getting this day over quickly. :(

Thankyou everyone. You're so kind :flowers:

It really has been a helluva day. We're exhausted. Was an enormously long wait at the vets and they brought through all the walking wounded and poor Bailey came in with a shaved blue neck and all woozy and doddery. He couldn't seem to lie down and just wanted snuggles so I ended up sitting on the floor and he crawled into my lap and went to sleep :love:

Basically (and forgive me if this sounds sketchy and vague but it was all quite lengthy and complicated and after the day we've had my brain was starting to conk out somewhat) - they found 3 areas of his spine that didn't look as they should be. Two bits of his upper spine that are basically where he hasn't been put together right when he was born - bits of ribs pointing the wrong way or extra bits of bone or whateveritwashesaidnowiforget. But the bit at the base of his spine is something that didn't show up properly on the myleogram - something to do with his spinal cord being too short to get a proper view of it or sommat. So he's going to see us again in a week with a view to recommending an MRI scan.

I know it's still completely not answered the question of what's wrong with him but it was all a lot better than I was expecting.

Am just so pleased to have the little squink home now and giving him lots of gentle cuddles. He was perky enough to want to join us in eating chips just now (got back so late and neither of us had the energy to cook so chippy it was).

Excuse the awful quality of photos but camera's battery is kaput and my mobile was all I had.

watchingchips.jpg

relaxing.jpg

recovering.jpg

blueneck2.jpg

blueneck.jpg

Going back in the lounge now to give him cuddles. Steve's with him on the sofa at the moment but said he's sat there looking towards the door and whining for the mummy.

I really appreciate all your positive thoughts and good wishes today. It made all the difference :love:

Rosie x