UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Organ Donation

Annie

We fight all our might to save so many animals yet we wont save humans!!!!!

only a hand full of people donated tissue this week in enland and wales.........how many people died........???!?!?!?!

I think there's fair few people out there that try their best to save a few humans along the way too Heva :wink:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh i know.................and i knwo lots of us love life what ever it is...................Used to work with people tho that really annoyed me as they would go the end of the earth to save an animal but hated people in a totally stupid selfish way and it's hard for us total caring ones to understand!! :(

I am one of those people, I don't really like people en masse that much - I prefer animals and things I would do for animals I wouldn't/couldn't do for people.

I kept Grip as clean as if she were able to do it for herself yet I could not do that for a person - I would be retching all over the place.

Well I could and would do it for a baby but not a grown up. It's not in my make-up.

I never donate or give to people charities only animals.

If I was given a similar choioce to Sophie ie save an anmial or a person - there would be no choice - I would chose the animal, it would be impossible for me to do otherwise.

• 2 months later...

I have carried a donor card for years and have told my family that any part of my body can be used.

I really think that you should have to opt out rather than in to the donor scheme. It seems a waste to me that organs cannot be used to save lives. It would also prevent the relatives being asked at a time when they are distressed and shocked

I really think that you should have to opt out rather than in to the donor scheme. It seems a waste to me that organs cannot be used to save lives. It would also prevent the relatives being asked at a time when they are distressed and shocked

But by being asked and agreeing it can help them take a little bit of good out of tragedy and make it easier to come to terms with in time.

The alternative is for the state to come stomping in and make them feel powerless at a time they are very vulnerable.

It's up to all of us to make sure our next of kin know exactly what we want, even our children.

Pam

But by being asked and agreeing it can help them take a little bit of good out of tragedy and make it easier to come to terms with in time.

But if the next of kin didn't agree with organ donation what then? That would give them the opportunity to override the dead person's wishes. To me that isn't acceptable, it's my body and if I want it to benefit others after my death, then I do not want anyone to be able to overrule me (not that I'll know anything about it, but my body could potentially save several lives).