UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Happy New Year

Alison

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Colette, Kate and Laura at Freshfields :flowers: and those conversations that start with, "now you know you can say no, but....................."

Freshfields and the work those wonderful people do, will forever hold a special place in my heart. Thanks guys xxx

Many thanks to Mindy, Wendy and Labrador Rescue South-East & Central for entrusting us with the care of the very special Rufus the Wonderdog.

PS Thanks also to Liz for taking care of our boy at the kennels prior to his coming to stay with us

Happy New Year to all fugees and wishing all your doglets (and yourselves ! ) the best of health and happiness in 2008 :biggrin:

To EGLR for Islay, without whom the only available alternative at the time was pts of her pregnant mum and yet to be born her and her three siblings - a huge loss if things had gone that way but they didn't, thankfully :wub:

WAW and Whitelodge for Lucas who drives me to insanity in the best way possible and who it's been an absolute delight to see the end of his sleeping terrors and see him dancing round my OH when he returns after a week away instead of hanging back while the other two dance and greet him :wub:

To Stoke Dogs Home (my ignorance) for Harry who still at times makes me think that in another (wrong) home he would have been abused because of some of his behaviours - I've been to hell and back with him but feel so much love for him, especially when he comes straight to me for comfort and trusts me implicitly when he's in pain or unwell :wub:

I feel privileged to be starting another year with them :wub:

To Stoke Dogs Home (my ignorance) for Harry who still at times makes me think that in another (wrong) home he would have been abused because of some of his behaviours - I've been to hell and back with him but feel so much love for him, especially when he comes straight to me for comfort and trusts me implicitly when he's in pain or unwell :wub:

Aww i know just how you feel , i have always felt the same about Storm with the wrong people he would quite possibly have been PTS by now if nobody had taken the time to understand him and help him overcome his issues , poor misunderstood guy .

I want to thank the Dog Aid Society for allowing me to foster Storm even though they had reservations as he was branded everything aggressive and they worried about Akira's safety with him being such a huge guy if things went wrong , thankfully everything worked out fine between them and it has ben a joy to see this scared unhappy lad blossom into the happy well mannered boy he is now :wub:

Fiona xx

Hobie thanks Wiccaweys for saving him and prior to that a lady called Isabel in Ireland who found him tied to a fence on a hot day and left to die.

My first sight of Hobie, then Mr Abi, was a saucer-eyed dog almost rigid with fear. He disappeared with Sarah & Paul to be put in an anxiety wrap. They were gone for ages and I really wondered what I was taking on. "He won't want any contact" said Sarah and I was sure she was right - she usually is. However this time Hobie surprised us both - within half an hour of arriving home and meeting the other dogs he was belly up on the kitchen floor enjoying a tummy tickle. He never looked back. My first failed foster in 6 years but no regrets!

Happy new year to the Oldies Club from Roly & Snoopy who made me fail as a foster mum,they are so scrumptious and like a lot of others have said wouldn't have been right for so many homes (especially yellow belly Roly) but are just perfect for ours. Something tells me they are so pleased the Oldies Club sent them here and it is definately mutual! :wub:

To Dogs Trust (Kenilworth) for assorted doglets over the years, currently Toastie.

To Ceredigion Animal Rescue (hope I have spelled that correctly) for agreeing I could provide the "Special Home required for Deaf Boxer Cross" Jed.

And especially for my friend Ray - he isn't a rescue but he is one of the responsible greyhound trainers who look after his dogs after they retire. As he says, they bring him enjoyment while they race for him so he owes them a happy retirement until he can find them a decent home. When he said Lucy was due to retire I offered her a home as she is a cheeky little monkey who I have known since she was born. Her kennel mate retired a few months later and she lived with Ray for a further 3 years until he found a home he was happy for her to go to (he turned down one woman as he had heard she would just race the dog or breed from her then dump her). (please don;t spoil the thread by picking up on this and turning it into an anti racing one).

HAPPY NEW YEAR to Vesna, founder of GREEK ANIMAL RESCUE and all the volunteers who make such a differnce for animals in Greece. If it hadn't been for GAR supporting the shelter where I volunteered for 6 months (was to be 6 weeks, but I've never been much good at time keeping :rolleyes: ), I'd never have met Malcolm. And despite her initial reservations about me being able to provide him with a suitable home at the time, she did allow him to come over, and gave me the most beautiful gift anyone could ever have given me :wub: :wub: :wub:

And Happy New Year to the couple who decided that Kiera would be best of with me, when they figured that they couldn't look after a dog. They've given me the best, longest roller coaster ride I could have asked for! :laugh: :wub:

I can't say Happy New Year to the chap who was dragging Scampi along the canal bank to drown him as a 5 month old, but thank goodness we happened to be along at the time to wish Scampi many Happy ones since. Happy New year to RSPCA Warrington though who trusted us enough to adopt Dylan a very frightened BC lad who had been described by his previous owners as dirty and destructive. He wasn't and has given us much joy over the years as both have.

Happy New Year to the Rescue who, for some reason we have yet to fathom, decided that Tigger was the right dog for someone looking for a collie to share their home with following the death of Susie who had shared their lives for 15 years.

And to the same Rescue for being on the other end of the 'phone every time we needed them (and boy was that often) for advice, support and friendship as we struggled to the right thing by Tigger and assure him that the world was fun, and our home was safe. That Tigger has become the Dawgus he is now is in no small part down to you.

The same Rescue supported us when we took on Daisy, and continue to be our inspiration as we forever try to learn to do our best by our four pawed family.

I raise my glass to Sarah and Paul at Wiccaweys.

Happy new year to Claire and Gary, previously of White Lodge, for allowing Ruby and Morty (greyhounds) into our lives.

Also happy new year to Freshfields for allowing us to take care of Annie, our beautiful lurcher.

Plus a very happy new year to Sandy at East Midlands Dog Rescue who thought we would look after and love a littler terror by the name of Lucy (Cairn), who rules the roost and is mum! Of course we look after her and love her to bits (as does everyone who meets her)

Last, but no means least, Leicester RSPCA for allowing us to have a ickle puppy 11 years ago who turned into a yorkie terror :rolleyes: called Pheobe :wub:

Plus huge thanks to everyone who would have helped to transport, rescue or generally play a part in this lot being part of our family :flowers: