UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A New Diet Thread For 2008

Wendbert

About 16 years ago, my sister had had a baby and we were both overweight and went to a slimming doctor in East Ham. We took tablets and water tablets. I worked as a sales rep in supermarkets, and I remember being at Tesco Bromley by Bow and having to go and pee about 50 times on the first day :( thats no exaggeration either :(

Anyhow, I lost 13lb and she lost 9lb in the first week :ohmy: . I lost about 3 stone in total and at the end of 3 months the time allowed on the tablets, we both experienced pins and needles in out hands. It was scary, we came off them she kept the weight off I put mine back on and some :(

Slimming World is a balanced diet, but you have to cook which I hate doing. Joe and I are off to Swallows Dance on the 12th, I'm hoping he might cook me some S W stuff :wink:

Remember Sam that we are allowed about 5 eggs a week (don't quote me on that though) I have boiled eggs with mushrooms, quorn saus at the weekend with 2 slices of brown nimble, the tomato sauce gets me though :rolleyes:

And most days I use all of my 15 syns. I could'nt do without SW bars :ohmy:

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was quite good yesterday - I had a salmon sarnie for lunch and then some pasta re-heated for tea.

Have had two slices of toast with a scrape of peanut butter and two nectarines for brekkie.

Will probably do my food shopping today so need to concentrate when I'm making the list and not put on the usual carp I buy, although I have to say I am so fed up of eating shite that I have gone off crisps and chocolate (shocking I know!) :ohmy: so won't be buying any of that.

For tea tonight I have a chicken leg (skinless) from the chicken I cooked New Year's day, with some sprouts and sweetcorn and will probably do a couple of small spuds with it and a bit of gravy.

Is it ok if i join in on this thread too :flowers:

I have been going to Weight Watchers since the end of July o7 and have lost 28.5lbs i still need to lose about 6.5 stone but i'll get their :biggrin:

Its going to be 3 weeks on Tuesday since being weighed and i'm not happy as i think i would have put on a bit but i have been to the gym and have been swimming and walking the dogs so i don't know :wacko:

Me and my dad go together and encorage each other my dad has lost 18.5ibs too :biggrin: my mum was doing it but in 6 weeks had put on more than she had lost :ohmy: i don't think she was taking it that seriously :laugh:

anyway as of today i will be back on the wagon :)

NO MORE CHOCOLATE :wub:

And most days I use all of my 15 syns.

Me too :) But maybe my weight loss would have been faster if I had had less syns :unsure:

I have more than 5 eggs a week too.

Gilbert (OH)

Joe and I are off to Swallows Dance on the 12th, I'm hoping he might cook me some S W stuff :wink:

I am confused that Gilbert is your OH and you are going on holiday with Joe :unsure: :wacko: :laugh: I am very nosy :rolleyes:

Is it ok if i join in on this thread too :flowers:

Can only think of reasons why you should join in. :)

Sounds as if you (and your Dad) are doing really well.

I shall be hoping for masses of support and encouragement and suggestions here, so as far as I'm concerned, the more who are here the more folks to help me.

As soon as I cut out certain food groups I crave them more than ever.

So to start with I have swapped my usual 2 slices of toast for breakfast smothered in jam & butter, for an Innocent Smoothie.

Small steps.....

As soon as I cut out certain food groups I crave them more than ever.

So to start with I have swapped my usual 2 slices of toast for breakfast smothered in jam & butter, for an Innocent Smoothie.

Small steps.....

I am going to Morrisons later , does any one have any suggestions low syn treats I can have on a green day

I'm not much help, the only treats I have are the SW bars, muller light yogurts are free and activia light are as well I think. I tend to eat pink lady apples, grapes and banana's. God only knows what I will do when I get fed up of these :( I need something to pick on. I think its just a case of trailing through the syns book and seeing whats what, and my local SW group are so supportive. I can ask them on Monday when I go and get weighed. Sorry :flowers:

Laughing cow light are very good, again don't quote me, but I think you can have 6 of them as a healthy extra.

the only thing I am missing out on by not joining a group is that I can't buy the flipping hifi bars anyone else ( and I love them )

Mrs B is trying to source me some but if anyone has any ideas please let me know

I also brought a slow cooker just before xmas , I know some people gave me some recipes here that I going to look at. I have potatoes, rice, dried lentils, rice , peppers , carrots and onions ( plus veggie stock ) so I am hoping I can make something out of that for tomorrows dinner

For brekkie/lunch I had a seeded bagel with 2 scrambled eggs. For tea I have just had 2 brown tortillas with veggie mince, peppers, tomato and avocado. I have some red grapes for a snack later (I just tested one and they are v sweet and yummy). I will probably get the munchies later still cos it is early to have eaten tea isn't it... need to find summat else not norty that I can have later.

Exercise still = 0 because back is worse than ever. Chiropractor tomorrow.

I've stuck to my 3 milkshakes a day, and lots of water. I actually find it easier than having real food as I can't cheat - lets face it, if the only option of being naughty is another milkshake, it loses its appeal :laugh:

I'm hoping to lose the 3lbs I put on over Christmas and at least another 1lb. The Cambridge lady reckons if I am good I can get the last stone off by the end of January :unsure:

I've stuck to my 3 milkshakes a day, and lots of water. I actually find it easier than having real food as I can't cheat - lets face it, if the only option of being naughty is another milkshake, it loses its appeal :laugh:

I'm hoping to lose the 3lbs I put on over Christmas and at least another 1lb. The Cambridge lady reckons if I am good I can get the last stone off by the end of January :unsure:

How do you then adjust to eating regular food again? Do you just have to stick to recommended daily allowance of calories from that point onwards?

could you not *pop* along to one meeting and buy their complete stock??!

or ebay might be your friend, although they are a bit more expensive....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SLIMMING-WORLD-HI-FI...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited to add cheaper ebay seller....(the postage decreases if you buy more!!)

Thanks Murtle

they are 1.29 for 3 in a class and that bloke wants 3 quid for 3 ( with P&P ) and you are right he is one of the cheapest on ebay

at this rate I will end up joining a class just to buy the bars ( and I don't want to that as I am meant to be saving my pennies )

I need to find a supplier locally who can get me a regular fix, Mrs B is also on the case to try and help me

Turkey breast sarnie for lunch with a few midget gems and small handful of Asda Extra Special sea salt and cider vinegar crisps (bought one large packet to last me the week).

When I went to Asda earlier I did buy lots of yummy but healthier stuff such as salmon fillets and I didn't buy any biscuits or chocolate or dessert type stuff - instead I bought some frozen smoothie lollies which I will have instead of cake/apple pie/ice cream which I normally buy.