UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

From Ashton Pound To Mill Rescue To Forever Home

janeddie

Basic story; fell in love with him on DP and was surprised he was still available after we lost Alfie.

Travelled up/across to Lincoln on the Sunday taking Polly (border collie rescue), Lee (OH) & Harry (son) with me and was introduced to Eddie and the rest as we say is history. O.K. he was a lot bigger than we had envisaged and as his original write-up said "pulled like a steam train" as I found out as he dragged me down the lane and I had to hold on for grim death but after that first meeting there was no other place he was going apart from the long drive back to the West Midlands!

Never thought I would get as close to another dog as I was with Alfie but have to admit that Eddie is getting very near to that point if not already reached it and to this day I swear Alfie sent Eddie to us, just to keep us on our toes!

Over the last 12 months I have cried with frustration, been very embarrassed in training classes but also laughed at his antics and well now couldn't love a dog anymore if I tried.

Everybody who has the pleasure of meeting Eddie falls instantly in love with him and in return Eddie loves everybody he meets.

Why nobody wanted him is a complete mystery to me, however, I am glad nobody did and now he is all OURS!!

Basically, what I want to say is a BIG thank you to all at Mill Rescue and especially Mags, for letting him come home with us and an even BIGGER thank you to Eddie himself for coming into our life and totally disrupting it but I must be truthful and say he is a "pleasure" to look after – well most the time!

We wouldn't be without you Eddie, so you can carry on lunging at those big GSD's and anything else you don't like the look of because gorgeous, scruffy Eddie, you are not going anywhere and we will continue to try and get you over your doggy anti-social problems – it may be a long road but one we are more than willing to travel!!!

Love you Eddie

xxxx

Eddie in Ashton Pound ....

EddieinthePound.jpg

Eddie in Rescue ...

eddie.jpg

and finally Eddie where he belongs at home with us ...

asleepeddie2.jpg

Rosette.jpg