UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sad News About Tommy The Gsd

JoT

There are a few oldies that we feature on the OC website that really get to you and, for me, Tommy is one of those. He had had a horrible life and had never lived indoors. He was a sad old boy when he was taken into AARU's care and he needed a very special home.

I was over the moon in July when I heard that Tommy had found his perfect new home on a farm. I love this photo of him taken when he arrived there:

tommy2.JPG

Sadly, today, we have heard that after a few happy months in his home, Tommy has passed away. :mecry:

AARU have sent us a lovely tribute to Tommy.

Hi, I'm Jackie and I deal with dog welfare for AARU. I met Tommy at the vet's when he first came to us and he was in such a sorry state, totally confused, could hardly see or hear and was so matted that the lumps in his fur made it difficult for him to lie down. Special thanks to Karen who bravely took Tommy on as her first foster dog - what a challenge but she did so well, building what we called Tommy's refugee shelter in her garden (after we found that he was incontinent and got really stressed indoors). Then one day, out of the blue, came the magical call from Tommy's new owner. A fosterer and I took Tommy to Wales from Nottingham (a journey we'll never forget - what a long way with an incontinent dog!!) to his new found paradise. He really had a ball there, and he was loved more than we can imagine. His owner is devastated - she and his doggy pals miss Tommy so much. In a few days when she is feeling up to it, I'll show her these tributes which not only go to Tommy, but also to her complete and total dedication - thank you E, you are a star! :mecry:

Welcome to The Refuge, Kimmy, and thank you for giving us a bit more of Tommy's story. He was very lucky to find his way to AARU. :flowers:

Please do pass on condolences from all at the Oldies Club to his owner. She must be a special person to have given Tommy such a perfect home :GroupHug: