UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My Four-legged Siblings

dirtychicken

Pepsi :wub:

Pepsi-1.jpg

You've been gone 12 years this month and I've never really said "goodbye" to you :mecry: You were *my* dog and you joined our family when I was just 14 years old - it was my job to comfort you in the night when you missed your mum and my job to clear up the puppy poop and I adored you :wub: I grew up, left home, got married and you stayed with Mum because you were happy there, but I visited lots and we continued to spend lots of time together. Eventually, I fell pregnant with Jacob. About the same time, Mum and Dad went on holiday and for the first time ever you and Jessie were put into kennels while they were away. You came home poorly and never recovered. In just a few short months you deteriorated so much :mecry: On a random visit to Mum's I was told that you'd been put to sleep and my heart broke :( I know that Mum was only thinking of me and my baby, but I was so angry with her for not telling me - especially as she'd known that you'd been sent home for a final weekend and I never knew. I never had the chance to say my goodbyes to you. Mum loved you so much, Peps, and still can't watch the videos of you playing on the beaches in Cornwall. Your ashes still sit in the kitchen where she can see you every day. I'm letting it go now. This is my "closure". I think of you often and still cry for you at times and you'll always have your special place in my heart.

Jessica Fletcher :wub:

Fletch.jpg

You bounced into our lives at the age of 1 when your owner no longer wanted you. Who could have ever known that you'd bring such chaos into our lives for so long at that point??? :laugh: You adored Pepsi and followed him everywhere. We thought we'd lose you too when he went to the Bridge, but you realised that we needed you to stay with us :wub: What will the children of Headley Park do now when your little head is no longer poking through the gate to attract their attention and to bark at the traffic and any dog passing within a mile of the house? Who will my big guys kowtow to now that you're not there to keep them in check? You do know that they'll get to the treat cupboard before you now, don't you? They'll take liberties with your toys and steal your bed - even though they still won't fit! My memories of you are so vast, Jess, and you seem to have always been there, but now you're not :mecry: Your place next to Pepsi will always be filled in my heart.

You've been separated for so long and it soothes my tears a little to know that you're back together again. Mum has finally found the strength in losing you, Jess, to let you both go. In the summertime, we'll take both of you to Cornwall for the last time and let you fly on the beach - just like you always did. Be happy, my darlings. We miss you so :wub:

• 3 months later...

We had a few tears over you last night again, Jess :mecry:

Dad phoned for a chat and then said "oh I have to go, Jess is barking to come in" and he put the phone down on me. He phoned back in tears because he'd gone to the door and you weren't there :mecry: I have no doubt that you're keeping an eye on what's going on because Dad says he feels as if you're still with them :wub:

You are missed so much, little darling :wub: