UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Neutering Clinic

Fee

I saw a mention of this on another forum

Norfolk Pet Neutering Clinic

I've never come across anywhere that carries out only neutering and routine procedures (vaccinations etc). I don't know how the prices compare with other vets in the area, but the neutering costs are a lot cheaper than I would pay at my vets.

Just wondered if anyone had come across this place or anywhere similar? On the face of it, anywhere offering cheaper neutering (assuming care and facilities aren't being compromised) sounds like a good thing.

There's one in Southampton and I used it when Polly was spayed (cat though not dog).It was cheaper and I was very impressed by the service.Initially I did worry if it might be not such good care but I found them very good.They continued with Polly's spay even though the little tart had already managed to get herself pregnant and didn't charge me any extra where I'm sure my normal vet would have done.

I haven't checked it & had previously been under the impression they solely helped people on certain benefits but recently saw what appeared to be an old notice in a local pet shop suggesting the PDSA would do things like microchipping, vacinnations etc for a fee.

Struck me as a win win situation - presumably helping a really worthwhile cause and getting cheaper vets bills at the same time.

For anyone in the Torbay / Torquay area Blue cross will help with neutering by subsidising vets usual charges - see

http://www.bluecross.org.uk/web/site/Media...pet_charity.asp

We have Celia Hammond near here Link Although they do other work, their main thing is neutering. They only do it for people on benefits though, which is a shame because many people who can afford it, would prefer to pay the full amount and go to her, but can't. :wacko:

Ahem!

We are in London and we do low cost neutering/microchipping and vaccs, regardless of income.

Neutering is also totally free for all bull breeds and bull breed crosses. :biggrin:

I am so glad I saw this thread because I have been saving for a while to get together the £200 my vet wants to neuter my dog, he is now booked in at the Mayhew for just over a weeks time at a much more affordable price, not sure that he will be so happy about it though :biggrin:

In the 1990s Sheffield RSPCA started a neutering clinic for dogs and cats who's owners were on benefits. They used to pick the animals up at other RSPCA centres and take them to Sheffield clinic and return them later that day neutered. I think they charge £25 for a dog and can't remember how much for cats.

There's three clinics in the Tyne and Wear area - think they are called Vet Savers. Any one can go for cheap neutering and vaccinations and if you are on benefits the neutering is cheaper again.

I have been once but only as managed to get a lift there. As I will normally have to pay for taxi or buses to and from, it works out cheaper for me to go to my usual vets who are 15 minutes walk away.