UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Adventures Of Mr Malcolm

BillyMalc

Today Mr Malcolm arrived back home from his holidays in Ambleside, and he has requested that I let you know how it was and show you his pictures, so here goes:

We had an absolutely brilliant time! The B&B we were staying in, Brantfell was fantastic! When she took our booking, Jane booked us in as "Billy and Malcolm", which was a great start, and from the minute we walked into the door we were really made to feel welcome. Our room was lovely, without any silly extra gadgets that you don't need (just a telly to me is luxury, because I don't have one at home!), and I'd brought an extra sheet to put on the bed, because that's where Mal is used to sleeping. So the bed was tried out straight away - and approved! :)

MalinAmbleside020.jpg

Breakfast was freshly cooked to order, and that included extra sausages for all canine guests too! :D (it goes without saying that Mal won't be very impressed with his breakfast tomorrow!)

About 2 minutes' walk away was a massive park, which was first port of call every morning

MalinAmbleside022.jpg

And after that it was walkies for a few hours somewhere nice round Ambleside:

Fresh water from a stream is just the best! :D

MalinAmbleside001.jpg

So much to sniff and look at

MalinAmbleside010.jpg

After a hard day's walk there's nothing like a good kip on a comfy bed :wub:

MalinAmbleside009.jpg

"I am not posing for another picture!" :laugh:

MalinAmbleside014.jpg

"Howzabout that biscuit then?"

MalinAmbleside005.jpg

Happy Mal :biggrin:

MalinAmbleside002.jpg

MalinAmbleside008.jpg

And just a couple of pics to give you an idea what Mal saw on his travels:

MalinAmbleside028.jpg

MalinAmbleside030.jpg

The weather was absolutely perfect for the 3 days that we were there, and Ambleside must be the most dog friendly town in the whole of the UK! I've seen one sign saying "no dogs except guide dogs", but at least 3 saying "dogs welcome" and "please bring your dog in with you"! :biggrin:

All in all I think it was an absolutely perfect holiday, I cannot recommend Brantfell enough and I would like to think Mr Malcolm agrees! :) (when I finally persuaded Mal to get off the bed and come for a short walk one afternoon, he did his business on the nearest patch of grass and resolutely turned around to walk straight back "home"! :ohmy: :laugh: ).