UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Learning To Drive - Need To Boost My Confidence

ReikiAnge

I had a bit of a bad lesson today - well made a dangerous mistake that knocked my confidence.

I was on a dual carriageway and moved into the right hand lane to give a car that was joining room to join but then I moved back over a bit too soon. I know from when I overtake that I should wait until I can see what I have overtaken in my mirror before moving back over but I didn't apply that to this situation for some reason :wacko:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a bit of a bad lesson today - well made a dangerous mistake that knocked my confidence.

I was on a dual carriageway and moved into the right hand lane to give a car that was joining room to join but then I moved back over a bit too soon. I know from when I overtake that I should wait until I can see what I have overtaken in my mirror before moving back over but I didn't apply that to this situation for some reason :wacko:

:GroupHug: Tis tough when you feel you've had a bad lesson.

You are doing really well though, way better than me. I had to cancel a few last/this month for various reasons and then the weather was so awful I couldn't face it for a few weeks and now I am so enjoying the weekend without the stress of worrying about a lesson that I haven't booked anymore yet :blush: Will have to start again soon though :(

Hayley, everyone makes mistakes when driving, there isn't a perfect driver, it is how we handle the mistakes that matter. :GroupHug:

Ange, get off your butt and get driving, if I can do it so can you. I did have the advantage of an automatic because of a bad hip I couldn't use the clutch. There are so many automatics now that they are very easy to find. :flowers:

• 1 month later...
We have an automatic car now but I think I would rather learn on a manual so I'm not restricted and then if I drive an automatic afterwards, that'll be cool.

i have made the mistake of doing that ange. ive been driving an auto since passing my test but am now fiding it hard to drive a manua again although an auto is a hell of a lot easier, you only have stop and go :laugh:

Hayley my driving instructor always told me it was good to have a bad lesson from my point of veiw as you are learning from your mistakes :)

I am doing okay, have now started manoeuvres - have done turn in the road and reversing round the corner (to the left and right). I now need to do parallel parking and bay parking.

Also need to learn about crossroads and vehicle maintenance, oh and take (and hopefully pass) my theory and hazard perception test.

Must admit I think my progress would be an awful lot slower if I was learning to drive a manual (not that I have been super quick in an automatic mainly due to OH having to fit me in around his full time job).

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your good luck wishes, I am pleased to say that I passed with full marks on the multiple choice part and 58/75 for the hazard perception part (I got a bit distracted during that part as a couple of the clips were filmed in the area that I am learning to drive and was I busy recognising all the shops, signs, etc - I also got disqualified on one clip for clicking too much :blush02: )

I have now booked my practical test for early June :huh: