UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Afghanistan

nikkibriggs

I have to face reality that my hubby is deploying to Afghanistan in 10 days time... Not that listening to the news is making this any easier as he is going to Helmand Province where it seems to be a bit worse than the last time he was there

Just wondering what everyone on here's thoughts are here..

Me personally disagree with them being there but wonder if i would think the same if my hubby was not going/involved

please give me your veiws :wacko:

I also disagree, but again this may be due to personal reasons as I have a friend in the TA who is there at the moment for the 2nd time. I hate hearing nameless reports of 'soldier killed in Afghanistan' as I worry so much about him. And seems that when he is there there are more deaths than usual, but that must just be because I am actively listening :rolleyes:

I have great respect for those with a family member in the forces as the worry is obviously far worse than mine :flowers:

This is a difficult one, as well as Mark going a friend's son is going soon after Mark. I don't want either to go and be at risk, Simon only came home from Iraq in May and is soon off again.

I don't want our boys out there but at the same time we can't allow terrorists to get away with what they are doing. So many people killed and injured. I do think politics interfere too much instead of leaving it to those that know what they are doing, Bush is a good example of this.

I have mixed feelings about Afghanastan because of what they do but it is our boys that are at risk, but Iraq we should never have gone there. What right do Bush and Blaire have to interfere with Iraq and the way they live? We wouldn't accept it but they expected them to. The didn't even have the deceny to work out how to build the country up again after they destroyed it. It is fine for them, their sons are not being sent out there.

It's funny really but I have loudly publicly and actively protested and campaigned against us being in Iraq and had hubby been deployed there whilst he and every other member of the forces out there would have had my 100% support I would not have been very comfortable with it nor indeed would I have felt he was right to be there (and he could still end up being sent there so it still applies) however ...when he was deployed to Afghanistan I felt and still feel that it is a very different situation in fact we should have concentrated soley upon Afghanistan and stayed the hell out of Iraq which would have meant that our forces in Afghanistan would have had better support, the proper equipment etc. etc.

Afghanistan has the full support of the UN - Iraq never did - and that to me makes a big difference.

Thanks Angel155 its good to know that there are others on here along with you kirisox I feel absolutely sick to the pit of my stomache at the thought of him going.. i won't have things to occupy my mind as i am sick at home with a work related back injury so i have my dogs the darlings they are but unable to walk them at the moment so have dog walker.. so know i going to be sat here worried sick most of the time.. unless of course i am surfing the net and checking out what going on here and talking on phone to family and friends.. I don't really get on with alot of the families on our estate Not really into gossiping about ppl so stay in my own little cacoon (its safer)

:flowers:

No our troops should not be in Afghanistan. They are there because of a very few extreme right wing American polititians with their own agenda, and as usual it is the everyman and woman that is paying the price for the fews wants and greed.

To those that have OH's, relations and friends serving in war zones, may they be well, and home safe and sound as soon as possible :flowers: :GroupHug: