UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Wiccaweys Show This Sunday - Any 'fugees Coming?

wiccaweys

I *may* have also said a quick hello to Ms Oook (who was looking very happy and young and lufferly and pretty)

and who *may* have had a rather lovely young man on her arm :wink:

And Claz you is indeed looking rather young and happy wiv your lovely nooo man :flowers:

:blush02: Oi!!! I can't afford to bribe BOTH of you :laugh:

We had a lovely couple of hours. Matt had never been subjected to a dog show before (poor bloke has so much to learn :wink:) but he enjoyed himself and seemed very happy to be dragged around by Guinness. It was good to catch up with old and new faces - an impressive show as ever :flowers:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was great meeting so many "Fugees" and putting faces to names. I apologise to whoever's camera has now broke...I don't do cameras!!

As for Todd, well he was tired as he camped the night before and wasn't used to it...that is the excuse I will give him for not being first in the sausage snaffling competition...Toddsmum's fault due to her snoring keeping him awake...I am sure that is what Staffymad said

Nice meeting you all and a great day out.

However Todd and Ted (Lindesy lovely collie boy) who were firm favourites to win the sausage eating competion came last :laugh: :laugh:

Well :D Teddy DEMANDS a re-run, he was muttering about dodgy judges and rules..........He did very much enjoy the sausages though :biggrin:

We were very honoured to be presented with a beautiful and very special rosette, a free pass for Ted. to all Wicc's feasts ( :D ) and one of my favourite photos of him on something very thoughtful. I still cannot believe how large the Wiccaweys heart is but then it does beat with Grandad Bryn.

Wendy has GOT to spill her secrets, you looked very very fantastic. It was the first time we'd met Dolly and if ever something was meant to be :wub: Nice to see Bumpy again, great as ever :wub: All the . stalls were fab. and I just wish I'd taken more money. Met Chickentikka working very hard on DNB and the squirells with their 'everyone wins' tombola (the happy faces all round version). I did spy a Clazook from behind Mrs B's cake stall and I've decided that the Fugee company is getting too glamarous, I am in need of sprucing up. Met domjetcas but I didn't know it until now!!! Highlight of my meets though was of course Spiderman himself, Sir Snatch with his very trim sidekick Ruby and obviously his lovely human family. Will book that walk Cindy! Snatch is famous as far as I'm concerned and Liz introduced him justly. I went all weak kneed when we shook hands :wub:

The parade of Wiccaweys dogs made a lot of people leaky and to think that was just a tiny sample...

It was a brilliant day with brilliant company, and in memory of Nancy it couldn't have been any better.

What a lovely thread this is. So pleased the show went very well and everyone had a great time.

It's wonderful to see Alice looking so good. It's lovely to hear about dogs from the past now doing very well thank you very much. Always makes me go leaky that.

I don't think master Elliot will be waiting long for his home, especially if Liz has anything to do about it. Cheers Liz :flowers: . What a little smasher.

It was lovely to meet you too and your beautiful dogs. Sorry I didn't get chance to say hello to everyone, as I did rather get stuck in the arena!

Elliot is such a super little chap, not phased by the crowds, appearing in fancy dress or being upturned and snuggled by our judge Nick Mays :D Someone will be very lucky & soon I hope.

Todd with his nose in the hole was hilarious :biggrin:

Great to see some famous fugee dogs for the first time like Bumpy & Dolly, Ruby and of course to be reunited with Super Snatchee aka Spiderman. Wonderful too meeting some of the people on here - especially people like WendyBert who have helped me out with homechecks in the past who I'd only "met" by e-mail until yesterday.

It was very emotional as shy Evan who won Best in Show was my last foster dog and at the end of the day I adopted Hobie my current foster boy.

Just a bit tired now, but still smiling!

Paul & I would like to thank everyone who came a supported the show, and all those who mucked in and helped on the day. It was bloody brilliant!

It was a fantastic day, barring the wind, and everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves. The atmosphere was really lovely, and had a real ambience of a celebration of the dogs and their families. Everyone was happy and smiling - including the dogs. wag

Lindsey & Teddy did a great obedience display explaining what happened in competition, and Gina and the lovely Cassie did their wonderful Heelwork to Music display. Whizzie was amazing as ever as the compere without compare! :)

It was fantastic to see the other rescues with their stalls and we hope you all did well. Thank you all for coming.

The Saturday evening sing-song was great fun.

Wiccs folks are posting their pics here on the Wiccs forum if anyone wants a peek.

One thing, please, please please, if any other 'Fugees took piccies, please post them - I didn't get chance to take one photo all day. I want to snaffle as many as possible. :biggrin:

Thanks you Sarah and Paul for the wonderful day. Also thanks to all the "Staff" members who worked theire socks off. It was a great success and enjoyed by everyone I met.

We had a fantastic day, Alice was thrilled to meet Sam and Mark again and give them cuddles. Mabel met up with her favourite Coryn. (Sorry about walking past her when we came out of the show ring- I do love her too bits honest)

I had several blonde moments, losing my car keys, forgetting poor Mabel, even managed to put Alice in Rescue Bitch instead of Wiccaweys Rescue Bitch, never mind was thrilled when she won. I would like to thank everyone from all her saviours at LAW to all her fosterers who have bought her on so much in the passed 18 months. She is a sweetie and we love her to bits. Alice is a major part of our family and has helped us pick up the pieces after losing Brodie. Mabel and her are best friends. They do everything together.

Whilst looking across the field earlier on in the day I was humbled to realise that Sarah and Paul had rescued all those dogs (only a small proportion of the real numbers) and that without them we happy owners would not have been there too. Wiccaweys is a wonderful family to belong to. All those dogs were getting on great, their humans happy and smiling and I managed to grab Sarah and show her, her acheivements, she went all wet eyed but hope she was proud of that wonderful view. It was one of those awesome moments and one I will never forget.

It was lovely to put names to faces, but realise that there more people I didnt speak to were there on Sunday. Apologies to those I didn't know. We must wear badges next year.

I as many of you are, am looking forward to the next one.

I've been somewhat tardy adding to this thread - could be something to do with me still trying to tidy up at home after the weekend.

It was a great day, if somewhat windy !!!!! I'm sure there must be various people with very sore arms from the time they spent hanging on to gazebos and the like.

It was great to meet some of the folks from here - I was the one going round saying "and what is your name on the Refuge ....... ?" :wacko: Which came after me saying "Have you bought your raffle tickets yet ......... ?" :biggrin:

It makes me feel a little braver about posting here if nothing else. :rolleyes:

And which of you didn't buy your cake quota? I've had to bring some home to sell ............... :biggrin:

Tigger and Daisy were completely whacked out at the end of the day - in fact Daisy actually had the sense to go back to the van for a snooze in the afternoon - maybe next year Tigger will realise that this is a "good thing to do" too.

Now we just have to be very :) :) :) to Paul and Sarah, and say "next time ........."

I'm hoping that one year I'll actually have the chance to look properly at all the stalls! AND take some photos.