UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A New Hello From An Old Member!

eponadeb

Hi everyone!

I know that some of you will remember me...I was a member here for quite a while. I had a bit of a tough year last year, and kind of went into hibernation. Then when I wanted to come back I SERIOUSLY couldn't remember my user name...I tried every permutation I could think of but no luck! So, I have rejoined as someone else, although I am still me :unsure: I think I am anyway :biggrin:

When I joined here the first time I lived in Cumbria and had 3 dogs...Sammy and Mungo the trailies are no longer with me...darling Sammy had to be pts because of the epilepsy he was suffering from, and Mungo had to be rehomed after my relationship broke up - long painful story that I don't want to go into too much but I know that many of you will remember me because of them. I still have my other dog, my lovely Sorrel, a rescued bearded collie

IMG_0009-1.jpg

We have stuck together through a tough year and the last 6 months or so things have been a lot happier with us! We are best friends! We now live in thew North East of England - near Darlington, on the North Yorks/Co Durham border in the middle of loads of fields and wide open space (we do live in a house though, not just in the fields ;) )

I'm sad again at the moment as 5 weeks ago my darling cat George went missing, and despite trying everything to find him he is still not home. We are still living in hope, and both Sorrel and I are missing him dreadfully, and are so worried about him. But so many people have been telling us stories of how their cats have disappeared for ages and come back one day so I am living in hope.

So, a mixed introduction, but I am glad to be back on here, and look forward to meeting old friends, and new ones too!

Debs xxx :flowers:

Hi Debs, nice to see you about again! Also my beautiful girl, looks stunning as per usual! for those of you who dont know Sorrel was the girl of my dreams(always wanted a brown girl) she came into rescue at the wrong time though. Luckily she found a wonderful home with Debs & of course George. I hope he comes back soon, will be thinking of you.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all :flowers: It's lovely to have such a warm welcome.

Maggi, your girl Sorrel sends her love and a big lick!

Still no sign of darling George, poor Sorrel is truly missing him as much as me. We are thinking of having another cat very soon, I know Georgie won't mind if or when he comes back, and Sorrel needs another friend. She doesn't like being an only child for the first time in her life!

Welcome back to The Refuge - Sorrel is gorgeous :wub:

It sounds as though you must be living quite near where I was brought up. You don't know a little village called Cleasby do you?

Fee, Cleasby is actually my nearest village! I often walk to there with Sorrel. Would be great if it had a pub! :biggrin:

Fee, Cleasby is actually my nearest village! I often walk to there with Sorrel. Would be great if it had a pub! :biggrin:

I haven't been there for over 20 years, but I doubt it's changed much. I still have relatives in the village and keep saying I must go back for a look. Yes, shame about the pub, we used to walk to Stapleton but it's a helluva treck in the dark (but I was young then :rolleyes: ).

Next time you're there give a wave to the red brick farmhouse at the far side of the green, that was my grandparents' house!