UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Just Wanted To Share

Mich Coutanche

Just wanted to share a transport run I did a couple of days ago. I collected a grey from the trainer and took him down to Bristol to go on to foster in Kent. The poor boy was definitely not in the best of condition with fur missing, poor coat condition and calluses to show that he had obviously never had anywhere soft to lie. He squealed a bit when he was taken out of the transporter van but the trainer put him into my crate and just lay down and was silent the whole trip. Don’t know if he had a name but had 18 on his collar.

When we got there we were a little early so I took him out to give him a drink and walk around. He was such a sweet boy and so gentle. The look on his face as he looked around was unforgettable. He looked around at everything with such interest and awe, and although he was a little unsure and wanted to get back in my car when we passed it, he would then see something else that fascinated him. He just reminded me of a child at Christmas.

I don’ t think I will ever forget No 18.

Glad to see him looking relaxed and with a name.

The 18 will be the lot number where he was sold at auction (or another dog wearing that collar) - I've had a few in with numbered collars - I can't bear to see them and bin them straight away as it's just a reminder that these beautiful dogs are just a commodity to many :banghead:

Well done to everyone who brought him to safety :flowers: