UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Barking Dogs!

ranirottie

now we all have dogs and all dogs bark but it beats the life out of me as to why my neighbours allow their dogs to bark constantly in the garden whilst they are indoors! They have 2 small dogs (shi tzus or lhasas) and a sharpei and the sharpei stands and barks monotonously for hours and often the other two join in.I know they are in because the car is there and if I eventually shout at the dogs to be quiet she will send one of the kids out to get them in. She is a nice woman with two lovely kids and I have spoken to her about it several times. I have 5 dogs running in and out of my garden without making a sound,apart from the odd play fighting,and why? because i tell them off if they bark,why can't she? and when hers start the little terrier the other side sometimes joins in. The reason that it is particularly winding me up today is because another neighbour (further down the street) has just knocked on my door and asked me to shut my dogs up.So once more my nice quiet dogs are getting the blame. :angry: x

lol! I so know where your coming from and tbh i think its the summer side effects. My lot rarley bark (except as yours, the odd play fight or occasional barking at some invisible object :rolleyes: ) they get told to shut up and if they dont, they come in. Either way its quiet. The last weeks or so though dogs are barking their heads off until midnight and no one tells em to be quiet.

Irritates me senseless (tho my neigbour did comment the other day on how quiet the pooches are so at least i dont get the blame!)

I never allow mine to bark for to long or at unsociable hours, sadly the same can't be said for my neighbours who let their collie Fenn bark and bark for ages at 7 in the morning, I'm extremly tolerant when it comes to dogs but this really pizzis the hell out of me :angry: It was even worse when the young couple were living in the rental cottage, god knows what they had to put up with, they had a tiny baby, the barking must have woken her up all the time

I know what you mean, its very annoying. I have new neighbours who are currently in charge of the 2 collies who are still living next door to me (owners are going abroad soon) My new neighbour shouted over the fence the other day at one of my dogs who was barking to come in (i was on the loo) & then went out for the day leaving 2 barking collies in the garden :angry: which they do most days. I never leave my dogs out in the garden whilst i go out & would never just sit & listen to them bark (unless I was on the loo :unsure: ) Infact I am paranoid about any noise they make, think when you have a multi dog household you sometimes go 'over the top'.

I have heard a few people up the road from me call me the lady with the dogs :unsure: It makes me want to say YES I am the lady with the dogs who DONT Bark all day the the garden :biggrin:

yep know what you mean i had a knock on the door last summer and a beetroot faced man stood there yelling at me to shut my effing dogs up i politely said "what dogs", he said "you are the woman with the dogs around here and they are disrupting my peace," i again said "what dogs" suddenly there was a bark, that dog he said its been at it all afternoon, ahh i said that ones next fecking doors you have the wrong house my dogs were asleep till you came banging on the door disrupting their peace". :laugh: but even though he got the wrong house i could see his point next doors dog used to terrorise the neighbourhood, but it pees me off when i get the blame because it must be me because i have more than one. mine are not allowed to cause a nuisance and only bark if someones at the door

i know what you mean there are two over the back from us the same ,they live out side ,but theres start and then some times our run out to ansew them ,i all ways all ways fetch ours in soon as they bark as our next door neighbour ,is very anti dogs :angry: not to give her any reason to moan (she moans at any slight noise ) if only every one did the same .

I hate to have to say I'm one of the people with barky dogs (well was). Everything was quiet until we got Tillee than all hell was let loose. It's normally Tillee or Milly that start the barking followed by Molly than sometimes Benji will join in. I'd tried everything to get them to be quiet, eventually a spray bottle of water worked and it is now nice and peaceful, although they will still bark, but I can control it more by saying the dogs name and 'no' and as a last resort by spraying. At night-time the dogs are really quiet and it is only occasional Morgan will bark.

WHAT is a bahookie ....?

My dogs don't bark, but I can't be too smug about it because Mollydog has been known to sing, scream and warble at ungodly hours of the morning. She's not great at shutting up either - if you shout at her she thinks you are joining in. The only solution is to run away very fast downstairs: then she shuts up and runs after you to find out what you are up to...

OK in the winter when the windows are all closed, but there has been the odd hot summer night when I think the neighbours must have been wondering if we are conducting midnight pig sacrifices.

If people are going to let their dogs out for a run at 6:30am on a SUNDAY they should at least sit out there with them to distract them from yodelling. Though I'd rather have the noise of next-door but one's deerhound, greyhound and lurcher all giving tongue at that time than that bloody cockerel next door. I could cheerfully strangle that bird.

I think some owners become deaf to their dogs barking.

My trainer used to have five dogs who were tied up at the side of the hall when we were training and they barked.

If any of our dogs barked we got 'Will you keep the dogs quiet? We can't hear.'

One night all our dogs were lying quietly but the trainers dogs were barking a lot. Eventualy she turned and said as usual 'Will you keep the ogs quiet?'

One of replied ' but our dogs are quiet. It is yours that are barking.'

She stared blankly at us and our quiet dogs and then carried on training. And her dogs continued to bark.