UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Eeeeek!

Pendlewitch

It was 10pm tonight on a dark rural road and I thought there was a deer standing on the white line! As I got closer I realised it was a dog! :unsure: I stopped, opened the door and called 'here doggie' or some such trivia and he came straight to me with a waggy tail. Popped him in the crate in the back where he promptly lay down. He's a youngish Lurcher, quite thin with sticky out hip bones and a lovely nature, all smiley and waggy. I've put him in the shed with Jack dogs shell swimming pool lined with a blanket as a bed and left him tucking into a bowl of food. There has not been a word from him so I'm hoping he's gone to bed, I'll have to take him to the local Animal Care in the morning. I would imagine someone has been out lamping and lost him, he has no ID on his collar so I don't hold out much hope of finding his owner, pity I can't keep him he really is adorable. :biggrin:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is lamping?

well done you, let's hope he finds a home soon

I always thought lamping was where you stick a lamp on a rabbit and shoot and get a spaniel or lab to retreive? but maybe wrong? :unsure:

Maybe they were coursing illegally? It could possibly be that. :wacko:

I always thought lamping was where you stick a lamp on a rabbit and shoot and get a spaniel or lab to retreive? but maybe wrong? :unsure:

Maybe they were coursing illegally? It could possibly be that. :wacko:

The lamping I know of is where you do indeed shine a light onto a rabbit, or deer, and lurchers chase and catch it. Not heard of it being done with spaniels or labs, though if you were doing it with permission of the landowner then I guess you could shoot it and use one of the retriever breeds to do just that.

He's gone to the Dog Warden this morning, I felt quite choked up because he was such a love. He's very young and still sits down to pee. Daylight showed his coat is rough and scurfy and he has minor marks on his elbows where he has been lying on something hard. I've left his details with local vets and the police so if anyone does look for him is is on file in various places.

I wanted to keep him! :crying_anim:

don't forget to check doglost, send us a pic and details of him and where found (and where he's going) and we'll see if anyone claims him :)

Did you manage to get any photos of him for doglost?

There's lurchersearch too.

Whereabouts are you? Do you know what happens after his seven days are up - will he transfer to rescue? :unsure:

Well done for keeping him overnight :flowers:

I just couldn't let go of this doggie, he's at the local pound and after his 7 days they try to find other rescue places. At the moment they have 30 dogs and only fifteen kennels and have taken 5 lurchers in the past few days!

I've asked if I can go take his photo and invlove myself further in his rehoming if not reclaimed and they are delighted at this idea, I christened him Teddy and they are keeping the name. :biggrin: Hopefully I can go photograph him today or tomorrow and pop him on here. I'm in the Lancaster area and could be looking for a foster home for him soon! I really do so wish I could have him but I think 4 dogs would push the OH a bit too far but if it comes to Teddy being PTS then I would just have to push the OH to one side! :laugh: