UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Terrible Day.

ranirottie

I lost my dogs! My daughter Liani and her friend hacked the horses out this norning at about 11 o clock and phoned me at 1.30 to go to the yard to pick them up. When I got there I found that they had forgotten to shut the field gate and both Sabre and Skye were gone.We scoured the area on foot calling to them but they had disappeared and I didn't know how long they had been gone.I was really panicking by then. I phoned several dog wardens and police stations in the local areas,went to the RSPCA Centre,left my phone number at the posh school up the hill and the local showjumping yard,in fact even at the petrol station.We went round and round calling and scouring the area but they were nowhere to be seen. We kept going back to the yard but they didn't come back.We searched for over 4 hours and in the end I just collapsed sobbing in the yard because I thought I had lost them ,then a nose poked me and it was Sabre!! panting and slobbering but not hurt,I didn't know whether to hug him or strangle him! but Skye wasn't with him and I broke my heart again as we haven't had her long and she wouldn't know her way back. So I got Ebbi and Kizzy out of the car and went looking for her on foot again and I found her coming slowly and exhausted up the track. She was so pleased to see me but not half as much as I was to see her! Now I am exhausted,tearful but so relieved to have them back. x

That must have been awful, i thought i'd lost Louie a couple of times and it's a horrible thing to go through, images of them being run over or shot or just frightened plague your mind the whole time, so glad their back, little buggers :GroupHug: