UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

King Update

heva

well just had a call form the vets....they have munipulated his joint and moved it round to work out which ligament in damaged and none of them are....he had no spasms or pain attacks.....so vet went on to try moving rest of him! When she got to his neck he had a fit and went into spasm. They knocked him out and xray it and cant see any bone damage as such! So she thinks it is a problem with his spinal area and disc!! He is going on steroids for week to try and control pain then we have to look at MRI scan to see if neuro or what!!!!

to say im gutted is an understatement! i now wish it was his ligament with 6 weeks rest rather than this! I just dont knwo what to say or do.....in shock! Going at 3 to get him and get as much info as i can!!!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking of you and King. My Scampi damaged a disc at Easter and we thought we were going to lose him, though it was lower down his spine, his tail was paralysed and he was in a lot of pain. After several weeks on treatment with steroids he is almost back to his old self with waggy tail and a happy smile. Off the steroids and back on his metacam, so I do hope the same treatment works for King. Everything X'd I really know how you must be feeling. :GroupHug: .