UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Egg Advert Banned

kimthecat

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does life get any more ludicrous?

It seems it's ok to show programmes with underage sex , murder and violence (and that's just Hollyoaks ) but not to show an old advertisement encouraging people to eat an egg a day because eating too many eggs is unhealthy.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_...icle1957593.ece

Alison

Just unbelievable. It also seems OK for adverts to exhort us to start the day with a bowl of sugary cereal and to promote fast additive-filled fatty foods like burgers and pizza.

As a mark of protest I and everyone in my office have had scrambled egg on toast for elevenses - and it was heavenly!

I think I'll have an egg (or two) on toast for tea, yum.

I grew up with those ads, completely ridiculous of the powers that be.

Edited to add that when I saw the thread title I thought it was the Egg financial ad with the guinea pigs, oops!

Edited by GingerMacYoYo

Once again it other people deciding what we can or cannot do :angry: :angry: Don't they think we are capable of making our own minds up, if I want to eat eggs I'll bl..dy well eat eggs. If I want to smoke I'll smoke. If I want to drink thousands of pints of beer, cider or lager I will. Also if I don't I won't.

Saying that my Dad years ago went through a phase of eating eggs morning, noon and night, it sent all his eyes puffy. But, it was his choice. :biggrin: :biggrin:

:laugh: I really fancy some scrambled eggs on toast now !

Gingermac, A few years when I had piggies , I wrote stories about them doing things like ballet dancing and scuba diving :laugh: When I saw the Egg ads it felt like they'd stolen my idea and I wished I'd done something with the stories,

Alison

I can hardly bear to read the piece, I am sick of being nannied and hectored by 'experts'. First you shouldn't eat butter, then you should, red wine is bad for you, red wine is good for you ... etc etc to the point of insanity :wacko:

I hate eggs (my Grandma used to make me drink a raw egg beaten up in a glass of milk when I was little) but I'm tempted to start eating them now :mad:

I actually agree with the decision :unsure:

The advert is encouraging you to eat an egg every day, which would be bad for you. No-one is saying eggs are all bad, just that eating one every day is. If the National Chocolate Cake Association wanted to issue an ad encouraging you to eat a slice of chocolate cake every day then we wouldn't support that would we?

I don't think it's a case of being nannied or told what we should and shouldn't eat, more protecting us from people making false claims abaout products they are advertising.

I actually agree with the decision :unsure:

The advert is encouraging you to eat an egg every day, which would be bad for you. No-one is saying eggs are all bad, just that eating one every day is. If the National Chocolate Cake Association wanted to issue an ad encouraging you to eat a slice of chocolate cake every day then we wouldn't support that would we?

I don't think it's a case of being nannied or told what we should and shouldn't eat, more protecting us from people making false claims abaout products they are advertising.

Not quite sure how you can compare eating an egg a day with chocolate cake!!! :wacko:

Everyone entitled to their opinion of course.

I don't agree with banning the ad, I would imagine that not many people eat an egg every day and surely there are worst things to eat every day! We are all aware of the importance of a balanced diet.