UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Drowning Of Puppies 'not Cruel', Court Rules

flukespad

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you have 2 vets and the RSPCA saying to drown an animal causes unnecessary suffering.

1 vet says it doesn't and the snivelling b*st*rd who bred them says nothing.

The judge decides to believe the minority. Words fail me. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:

Run free little ones. :wub:

called the RCVS and they are more than aware of this now

I will be getting a communication shortly (email) in the next day or two to see what their response is

Questions

What can be done about it ? complain to the RSPCA, don't they have powers under the new animal act

any fugees in whitehaven/that part of cumbria either on this board or any others that people post too that can act locally, complain, write to the paper etc.

could we all complain to our own vet about this and see if they can feed this back to the RCVS as well..

I am horrified at the actions taken, more so with this so called vet and the courts attitude as well

I agree it is sad but if a rescue is bursting at the seams, what can they do other than maybe give him other numbers to try - he says he contacted eight organisations, but who knows if he really did :unsure:

I don't know how the RSPCA or PDSA work but if he really couldn't afford to take the puppies to a vet to be pts, I would have thought at least the RSPCA could step in and do the horrible deed to prevent the alternative.

Is this Steven Lomax a barbarian?

I will be interested to see what statement the RCVS make regarding this idiot.

His statement gives carte blanche to anyone wishing to dispose of any young animal. Makes my blood boil to hear a so called expert say drowning is not cruel. :angry:

Wish I could really give vent on here, but the language would not be pleasant and I'd probably get done for threats of violence.

Not really suprised at the courts attitude, too many times cruelty cases are dismissed or just a slap on the wrist is given.

I agree it is sad but if a rescue is bursting at the seams, what can they do other than maybe give him other numbers to try - he says he contacted eight organisations, but who knows if he really did :unsure:

I don't know how the RSPCA or PDSA work but if he really couldn't afford to take the puppies to a vet to be pts, I would have thought at least the RSPCA could step in and do the horrible deed to prevent the alternative.

I completely agree that we're only able to go on what he said about contacting them (although from his proclomation in court, we can gather he did contact the RSPCA at least), but I would have hoped for them to take a more hands on preventative approach considering the mum had rejected them and he had contacted them for help. Whilst he is ultimately responsible for what happened to the pups, and I'm in no way trying to belittle that, I find it very disappointing that there *seems* to have been no help offered. I hope that isn't the case, not that it makes a difference now.

While there is no excuse for what he did, I find it really sad that he contacted several rescues who did nothing to help. His responsibility of course if he bred his dog, but even so, I find that really sad.

he SAYS he contacted eight rescues there is a staffie rescue in cumbria and he didnt ring them and IF he had they if full would have given my number and he didnt ring me either personally im not sure that its not just him trying to excuse himself :angry:

I can't really believe that there hasn't been a single study done in the whole history of the vet profession all over the Globe which shows that 10 day old puppies can feel pain????? :angry:

Not to mention talk of shooting yourself in the foot. In his opinion then, we shouldn't bother paying vets for an injection, we should just drown them at home instead? Expert Witness indeed!

Also a bit odd that the RCVS uphold the ban on tail docking of young pup's but drowning is ok???

Edited by reds

A couple of you have suggested that he should have his head held under water for 30 seconds and I think that is so so wrong.

He would be able to hold his breath for 30 seconds, so it would need to be for much longer.

Run free poor pups. So sad you have never known love.

Actually the more I think about this the more cross I am with the Magistrate rather than the 'vet'. Anyone know if it was a lay magistrate? Even if the 'vet' was technically correct about there being no evidence..... anyone with an ounce of sense would surely rule it inhumane. If there REALLY is no evidence then the Bill needs amending to include drowning surely? Don't suppose the RSCPA can afford to appeal?

Steven Lomax is apparently based in Shropshire and a qualified barrister as well as vet, this is according to google links, I so far haven't found his vet practice but have found a couple in Shropshire and asked them if they know him, they haven't heard of him and are horrified by his comments so will hopefuly pass the story on to others so eventually - if he does have a vet practice - it will get back to his clients

Edited by sparkle