UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Advice Wanted

kasi

Are there any decent tinned foods on the market :unsure: ? :wacko:

I feed Jenny on dry food (Arden Grange) and she loves it. Elsa our oldies foster although she is eating it she doesnt seem to be "bothered" about it :closedeyes: , where as when they get some cooked meat (chicken, liver, kidneys, mince) mixed in with the dry as an occasional treat, she really enjoys it :biggrin: . Was just wondering about maybe feeding her part dry/part tinned but dont have any knwledge of whats good or bad. Any advice appreciated.

Ruby has 'Natures Menu' which is a complete wet food without any artificial crap in it. It comes also as a Senior and Light version :)

Thaks Cindy, can that be bought of the shelf in a supermarket, or does it need to be ordered?

I feed Jessie part dried (Burgess Supadog) and part wet. With the tinned food she is quite "particular" but I have found she loves the ones in jelly or gravy and Butchers is her favourite :biggrin:

I use the dry food as a "mixer" as opposed to how much it says feed per day, so she only has one can of wet food a day (as opposed to the 4 it states on the tin :wacko: )

BUT, I do this an alternative days. She loves tuna mixed with the dry food and loads of other stuff (chicken, scrambled egg etc...) so effectively she is on a semi- barf diet

Hope this helps :flowers:

Not tinned, but along the same line as Nature's Menu, is Naturediet which mine have had for many years now - our oldie Sweetie was fed it from the moment she arrived and she did very well on it. You can find it in some petshops but I order direct each month.

We've tried other foods at times, such as Nature's Menu, Forthglade and some Burns, but we've always come back to Naturediet, I feel mine do best on it.

I feed my very fussy Springer a mixture of Naturediet and Burgess Supadog as the mixer. The Naturediet doesn't have any artificial additives or anything nasty in it and she absolutely loves it - its the only food I can get her to eat on a regular basis.

Edited to say that you can buy this at Pets at Home for 70 per tub and it comes in quite a few different flavours

Edited by cassiespookymum